HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW ANGEL DUST, AND MORE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Templar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:07 pm    Post subject: NEW ANGEL DUST, AND MORE Reply with quote

I'm kind of disappointed in that album, too. It's heavier, but not better. It's grown on me a bit, though -- initially I only really liked two songs, and now I like maybe four or five of them. "Freedom Awaits" is my favorite song from it.
GuitarMusicLover

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:35 pm    Post subject: NEW ANGEL DUST, AND MORE Reply with quote

I really like the CD...but it does leave a cold feeling behind...leaves me wanting a little more.
either way, it doesnt stop me from cranking it up quite frequently.

As a side note, it is just me or does Freedom Awaits sound like it should have been on an Iron Maiden album...
The Dorf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 10:36 pm    Post subject: NEW ANGEL DUST, AND MORE Reply with quote

Quoted by General Zod:

quote:
Dorf,

Let us know what you think about that Angel Dust disc after you've spun it a few times. I really tried to like that disc, as I'm a huge fan of Angel Dust. But that disc just leaves me cold.

I've actually spun it a lot the past few days, and with all due respect, General, I stand behind what I said. It sounds to me like they sacrificed some melody for more heaviness (which would probably be the kiss of death for a band like this), but they manage to pull it off. My fave tracks are Unreal Soul, Disbeliever (luv the freaky keys during the verses), Forever, and the Cultman, but IMO there isn't a weak track on the disc, with the exception of Freedom Awaits (sorry Templar).

One last question - is Killer a cover tune? And if so, who originally did it?
General Zod

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:22 am    Post subject: NEW ANGEL DUST, AND MORE Reply with quote

Not a problem.

I know many, many AD fans who are really down on this release. I've met the guys in AD a bunch of times, and had a chance to party with them. So I was really rooting for this disc. I'm actually quite happy that there are a number of people out there who like the disc. Unfortunately, I just can't get into it. My problem isn't with the heaviness. I find the overall song quality to be lacking.

GZ
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:34 am    Post subject: NEW ANGEL DUST, AND MORE Reply with quote

Killer? Is that the one that goes "Solitary brother...." etc.? If so, the original was done by Seal, although others have covered it, including, I believe, George Michael....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: NEW ANGEL DUST, AND MORE Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by The Dorf:
Picked up the new Angel Dust a few days ago (I love it - very heavy and dark). And it came with a bonus disc with a bunch of Century Media artists such as Iced Earth, Nevermore, Onward (their song on this disc smokes anything from their first album), Blind Guardian, Jag Panzer (good song on an otherwise crappy album) etc. Anybody else get the bonus disc as well?

Sure, me and a lot of other people, it was the first press by Century Media, the bonus disc is also available in some other Century Media first pressing CD's of other bands which releases happened on this year. Is not big deal, but is fun to have a lot of songs for "free" from bands I already have of I'm not interested in.
Lionheart

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:50 pm    Post subject: NEW ANGEL DUST, AND MORE Reply with quote

I think Of Human Bondage has turned out to be a disappointment for me. I do have to say that my standards and expectations for them are extremely high since I thought the previous 3 were excellent and some of my most played cd's the last couple of years. Enlighten The Darkness in particular I think is a masterpiece.

oHB picked it up in the heaviness department but lost alot with the songwriting. There are two incredibly good tracks on here in Disbeliever and Forever, but other than those 2, the cd left me feeling really cold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: