HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What did you all think of abigail 2 ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P-Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: What did you all think of abigail 2 ? Reply with quote

I agree metaldams, House of God is an awesome album, and Abagail 2 just can't compare to it. The album does have it's high points though.
holydiver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:17 pm    Post subject: What did you all think of abigail 2 ? Reply with quote

I was turned off of Mercyful Fate the instant I saw the guy with the mustache and his rendition of Gene Simmons' make-up. I am aware that Kind Diamond has fans, some of which are friends of mine, however whoever was behind this band's marketing and image should take some marketing classes.
daeh_latem

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 11:10 pm    Post subject: What did you all think of abigail 2 ? Reply with quote

I have just bought this CD, and I have at least 12 select albums through the years. I like it, but I like most of them. As a fan I can probably differentiate between KD and MF, but if you were aware of the band for Abigail II, you'd know that Mike Wead from Mercyful Fate "9" has joined Andy, and the style addition is evident if you've heard "9".
As another point, King Diamond cd's will typically be stories, Mercyful Fate more demonic and personal writing.
I agree this last Album has the most "old" sounding style than recent albums, but not a legendary album musically, like say Melissa and Dont Break...
While on the Subject, why no one ever mentions Mercyful Fate "9" as one of the THE best albums in recent years, I am not sure. I think it stands alone in style and for sure ROCKS more than any other. Even if you dont like MF, it is great.
My favs include Voodoo, Nine, Dont Break and In the Shadows....
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 6:29 am    Post subject: What did you all think of abigail 2 ? Reply with quote

Oh MF's "9" was killer. My 2 favorites from that were "House On The Hill" and "Church Of St. Anne". Both songs feature the 2 most incredibly creative riffs I've heard in their entire catalog.
MUTANT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 11:31 pm    Post subject: What did you all think of abigail 2 ? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by iwarrior:
Oh MF's "9" was killer. My 2 favorites from that were "House On The Hill" and "Church Of St. Anne". Both songs feature the 2 most incredibly creative riffs I've heard in their entire catalog.

Yes. I agree.
Wasting Time

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: What did you all think of abigail 2 ? Reply with quote

I think it is criminal that King Diamond does not receive more respect in the music business.

Like him or hate him, I was very amazed to read that his record company is not giving him the money to tour. What is up with that?

One day somebody is going to get off their ass and give this guy the promotion he deserves and they are going to make a shit load of money.

I called the label office at least 2 or 3 times to get a picture and an interview for my 'zine and nobody would even call me back. That is really lame!

The lack of support the music indestry has given King Diamond remains a mystery to me. I guess it is proof that the A & R people at the major labels don't know what they are doing!
Wasting Time

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:34 am    Post subject: What did you all think of abigail 2 ? Reply with quote

I think it is criminal that King Diamond does not receive more respect in the music business.

Like him or hate him, I was very amazed to read that his record company is not giving him the money to tour. What is up with that?

One day somebody is going to get off their ass and give this guy the promotion he deserves and they are going to make a shit load of money.

I called the label office at least 2 or 3 times to get a picture and an interview for my 'zine and nobody would even call me back. That is really lame!

The lack of support the music indestry has given King Diamond remains a mystery to me. I guess it is proof that the A & R people at the major labels don't know what they are doing!
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 3:55 am    Post subject: What did you all think of abigail 2 ? Reply with quote

King Diamond really needs to get on an arena tour where he could open up for a band like Metallica and could have a good sound. He has played at the same clubs for too many years. It is time to see him on a bigger stage in a more pro situation.
madpriest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:14 pm    Post subject: What did you all think of abigail 2 ? Reply with quote

damn good call guys, King Diamond is big time underrated, his music kicks ass, has a good variety to it, even progressive and such, not to mention the stories..etc..rule...I could go on for hours

King Diamond Prevails!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: