HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I could use this like a bullet to the head

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JosephC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:42 pm    Post subject: I could use this like a bullet to the head Reply with quote

From the "you've got to be kidding me department." This is courtesy of the guys at blabbermouth:

--------------------------------------------------

KISS To Issue "The Very Best Of..." In August - July 23, 2002

KISS will be issuing a "greatest hits"-style compilation CD, entitled The Very Best Of KISS, via Mercury/UTV Records on August 27th. The album, which "collects the original versions of all of their biggest hits on one 21-track album," will contain the following track listing:

01. Strutter (original version from Kiss, 1974)
02. Deuce (from Kiss, 1974)
03. Got To Choose (from Hotter Than Hell, 1974)
04. Hotter Than Hell (from Hotter Than Hell, 1974)
05. C'mon And Love Me (from Dressed To Kill, 1974)
06. Rock And Roll All Nite (live) (from Alive!, 1975)
07. Detroit Rock City (from Destroyer 1976)
08. Shout It Out Loud (from Destroyer 1976)
09. Beth (from Destroyer 1976)
10. I Want You (from Rock And Roll Over, 1976)
11. Calling Dr. Love (from Rock And Roll Over, 1976)
12. Hard Luck Woman (from Rock And Roll Over, 1976)
13. I Stole Your Love (from Love Gun, 1977)
14. Christine Sixteen (from Love Gun, 1977)
15. Love Gun (from Love Gun, 1977)
16. New York Groove (from Ace Frehley, 1978)
17. I Was Made For Loving You (from Dynasty, 1979)
18. I Love It Loud (from Creatures Of The Night, 1982)
19. Lick It Up (from Lick It Up, 1983)
20. Forever (from Hot In The Shade, 1989)
21. God Gave Rock 'N' Roll To You II (from Revenge, 1992)

--------------------------------------------------

So......who is going to run out and buy this treasure? After all, this is just what the world needed, another Kiss greatest hits album!
Icarus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:44 am    Post subject: I could use this like a bullet to the head Reply with quote

HOLY CRAP!!! Didn't these guys just rob the fans earlier this year with the 4 cd greatest hits collection in the guitar case? What the hell is going on here (besides the obvious Gene Simmons money making efforts)?

I guess the die hards will actually buy into this, regardless of the fact that they probably have all of these songs on vinyl, 8-track, cassette, mini disc and cd.

Kill me now and bury me in my [b]Kiss[/b] Koffin, please.
Lars37

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:04 am    Post subject: I could use this like a bullet to the head Reply with quote

I do find it interesting that Gene and Paul allowed Ace's song to be the only one represented from their solo discs. Thought for sure that Gene's "Radioactive" would have been included. Or maybe "Wish Upon A Star", or whichever Disney song he covered ( I've had most of my Kiss memories washed from my brain - they were causing migraines ).

I bet it comes with a booklet - you can always get the obsessed Kiss fans to part with their $$$ if you throw a little booklet at them!
iwarrior

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:27 pm    Post subject: I could use this like a bullet to the head Reply with quote

I'll pass.
OSS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: I could use this like a bullet to the head Reply with quote

Wait...lemme get this straight. Their biggest album, Alive, is only represented once and that song is a live version, and it doesn't feature their best song, Black Diamond? This is more awful than I'd imagine a KISS greatest hits disk would be. *shudders*
zepriest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:42 pm    Post subject: I could use this like a bullet to the head Reply with quote

Kiss is one of the most overrated bands ever!!!!
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:17 pm    Post subject: I could use this like a bullet to the head Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by JosephC:

So......who is going to run out and buy this treasure? After all, this is just what the world needed, another Kiss greatest hits album!

Crazy Craig, I know him, he's a KISS fan to death! (yap, there are things like that out there, for every single conceivable band).
[img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: