HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Angel Dust Done
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:28 pm    Post subject: Angel Dust Done Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by woosta:
There is NO substitute for the german sound no matter how much talent comes from the USA, England, or whereever. The only USA/German combo that I've seen work extremely well is the Axel Pell/Jeff Scott Soto-Johnny Geioli teams.

Look at "Of Human Bondage" with a U.S. guitarist. It's already sounding less German and from Ritchie's mouth at Atlanta, he had to say that the cd sounded like Slipknot (and he was excited by this). Americans seem to not grasp the idea of german traditional metal and when they dabble, they only mess it up.

I did not intend to imply that there was no talent here, there's just no GERMAN talent here and that's all the difference to these ears.

Dunno man, if Richie said that he is a moron, because AD doesn't sound like S***knot at all, and "Of Human Bondage" is a great album, which for me, is less prog than the past ones, but still pure Angel Dust.
And as for the German talent, dunno then it will be American talent. Maybe my hearing is not that sophisticated (sorry).

Rainbow (1979-83): Except for Blackmore and Glover, who are English (79-83), the rest in the band were Americans (2:3).
Black Sabbath (1981-82, 92): Iommi, Butler, Dio, Appice. English and Americans(2:2)
Thin Lizzy: Scott Gorham, long time guitar player in (even in the "reunited"line-up) is American (1:4)
Judas Priest: Downing, Tipton, Hill, Owens, Travis. English and Americans (3:2)
Sinergy: Kimberly Goss is American, so is the new bass player, the rest Finnish (2:3)
Scorpions: Meine, Schenker, Jabs, Kottak, Rickermann. Germans and Americans (3:2).
Rage: Wagner, Smolski, Terrana. German, Russian, American (1:1:1).

Yes I accept, most of the German acts are pure teutonic, from Kreator to Helloween, from Destruction to Rough Silk, from Tankard to Blind Guardian (and Edguy, Gamma Ray, Iron Savior, Grave Digger, Metalium, Running Wild, etc).

And yes, I was a purist that wanted Iron Maiden only with English people, for example. But today, what I want is a band that really delivers music that I can enjoy, and where they came from, and where they live, is to me the least of my concerns. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Opinions please. [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: