HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Angel Dust Done
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
General Zod

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:01 pm    Post subject: Angel Dust Done Reply with quote

It looks like Angel Dust may be done. It seems that Ritchie has quit and Dirk has been asked to leave. Since they don't currently have a permanant drummer, it seems Frank will either have to replace everyone or call it a day. Keep in mind, these are only rumors at the moment, albeit well founded rumors.

Maybe Dirk will go sing for Steel Prophet? He joined them on stage at PPII. We'll see.

GZ
Mayhem62

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:13 pm    Post subject: Angel Dust Done Reply with quote

I don't like that rumour. Let's hope it just stays that way - as a rumour. Man, I just discovered them last summer.
Ungodly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:38 pm    Post subject: Angel Dust Done Reply with quote

It's rumored that Frank will come to the states and start over with new members.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 1:28 am    Post subject: Angel Dust Done Reply with quote

According to what I read in a very respectable metal website (from Spain):

Steven & Dirk have left ANGEL DUST, due to personnal differences . Now the group have been forced to cancel the Wacken Open Air show, and the Metal Dayz Festival in Switzerland. The bass player and leader Frank Banx will return to USA to form a new band with guitar player Ritchie Wilkison.

True or shit? I hope the last, I like all AD albums (including the last one), and I miss them a lot if they split or change drastically the line-up. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]
woosta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 5:50 am    Post subject: Angel Dust Done Reply with quote

If it IS true, let's hope all of the German members stay in Germany and create a little family of Angel Dust offshoots. That's the beauty of German musicians; they just go grab some more killer talent and start bustin' ass all over again.

Let's hope NONE of them come to America for musical help!! That smells of sellout right off the bat.
P-Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 8:31 pm    Post subject: Angel Dust Done Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by woosta:
Let's hope NONE of them come to America for musical help!! That smells of sellout right off the bat.

Mabye to you it does, but not to me. When I think of American music, I don't think of the talentless bands that dominate the airwaves like staind or Creed or Linkin Park or any of those other bands, I think of the great thrash bands we've seen, Ronnie James Dio, Queensryche, Iced Earth, Nevermore, etc.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:03 pm    Post subject: Angel Dust Done Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by P-Man:
quote:
Originally posted by woosta:

Mabye to you it does, but not to me. When I think of American music, I don't think of the talentless bands that dominate the airwaves like staind or Creed or Linkin Park or any of those other bands, I think of the great thrash bands we've seen, Ronnie James Dio, Queensryche, Iced Earth, Nevermore, etc.
I agree man, I was having a big argument with a colleague just about that, a couple of hours ago. There's a lot of fine musicians in here, as a matter of fact their bands are so good, that they usually made a big impression in Europe, because here they are underrated.
Where is Exodus playing these days?...W.O.A. Look at Testament, Halford (only Rob is English), Solitude Aeturnus, Steel Prophet, Riot, Warrior, Lana Lane, Dream Theater, Shadow Gallery, etc. How about players like Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Tony Macalpine, Derek Sherinian, Stu Hamm, the Bissonete brothers, Virgil Donati?
USA is filled with incredible good, capable musicians in the rock/metal genres.

If Angel Dust or any other band, found a stable capable, experimented line-up using people from 5 different countries, I don't care. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
woosta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:53 pm    Post subject: Angel Dust Done Reply with quote

There is NO substitute for the german sound no matter how much talent comes from the USA, England, or whereever. The only USA/German combo that I've seen work extremely well is the Axel Pell/Jeff Scott Soto-Johnny Geioli teams.

Look at "Of Human Bondage" with a U.S. guitarist. It's already sounding less German and from Ritchie's mouth at Atlanta, he had to say that the cd sounded like Slipknot (and he was excited by this). Americans seem to not grasp the idea of german traditional metal and when they dabble, they only mess it up.

I did not intend to imply that there was no talent here, there's just no GERMAN talent here and that's all the difference to these ears.
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 5:54 am    Post subject: Angel Dust Done Reply with quote

From what I heard, Ritchie was the first one to leave the band, when he didn't find out that AD wasn't playing MetalFest until he arrove there after a long drive.

GZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: