HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Iron Maiden's Piece Of Mind Rules My World
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:57 pm    Post subject: Why Iron Maiden's Piece Of Mind Rules My World Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Not saying I have a problem with that, but the metal bands that get more attention from the mainstream write either personal songs or are pissed at authority(the parents are keeping me down, but I'm going to party anyway thing, or occasionally the angry at society for having problems thing)

Not only agree with you, but I want to remark again
[b]mainstream[/b], that's exactly why I don't like them. I have problems with my parents, family, government, society, boss, pet, teddy bear or whatever I don't need music to remind me that. To look at real life, I don't need to waste my money on [b]mainstream[/b] bands CD's, I look at the news, they're for free!

[i]Here await the birth of the son, the seventh the heavenly, the chosen one...[/i]
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: Why Iron Maiden's Piece Of Mind Rules My World Reply with quote

Well yes and that's what I've come to get used to with many metal bands. It becomes kindof an escape. And when I want complaints about the government I can still listen to Overkill(Bobby Blitz sure is pissed about things) or for personal things listen to Opeth or something. But I don't worry about the lyrics for the most part anymore. It's all about being good music and not necessarily lyrics about "real" things.
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:41 pm    Post subject: Why Iron Maiden's Piece Of Mind Rules My World Reply with quote

Although I like Maiden I can definitely see why their lyrics may make non-fans think they are silly. They don't write songs about personal stuff but instead opt for these overviews of history and stories and stuff. Not saying I have a problem with that, but the metal bands that get more attention from the mainstream write either personal songs or are pissed at authority(the parents are keeping me down, but I'm going to party anyway thing, or occasionally the angry at society for having problems thing). At any rate songs about history and sci-fi movies aren't so popular I don't think. I know to me it sounded pretty silly at first even if I got used to it after a few years.
BattleHymn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 2:42 am    Post subject: Why Iron Maiden's Piece Of Mind Rules My World Reply with quote

I was mildy into Maiden when Piece of Mind Came out. But when Nicko jioned, it took Maiden in a different direction..Where Eagles Dare just blew me away..Then Maiden followed up with Powerslave and till this day, those are my two favorite Maiden albums.
Very'eavy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:29 am    Post subject: Why Iron Maiden's Piece Of Mind Rules My World Reply with quote

I'm very divided when it comes to favourite Iron Maiden record, as it depends a little on my mood. But the one I listen most to, is one not mentioned here before, Somewhere in time.

Great list wyvern, just let me put one more there:

Stranger in a strange land - a great sci-fi novel by Robert Heinlein, and maybe why Somewhere in time is my No1.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:58 am    Post subject: Why Iron Maiden's Piece Of Mind Rules My World Reply with quote

The Number Of The Beast was another Heinlein novel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: