HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new iron maiden box set
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:20 pm    Post subject: new iron maiden box set Reply with quote

[url=http://www.ironmaiden.com/ironmaiden/news/news_090902.asp]http:// www.ironmaiden.com/ironmaiden/news/news_090902.asp[/url]

I might actually pick this up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Icarus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:50 pm    Post subject: new iron maiden box set Reply with quote

JESUS CHRIST!!!

Will the raping of the fans ever end???

(the case is pretty cool looking though)
[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
JosephC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:06 pm    Post subject: new iron maiden box set Reply with quote

Yeah, that's pretty bad.

The 3 double CDs sets were all previously issued bootlegs. Maiden are just taking the bootlegs, cleaning up the packaging and putting them in a fancy box. It will be an alright release if they do what Zappa did, and that was release this "bootleg series" at a reasonable price. But with as money hungry as Harris and the boys have been I would expect them to say it's worth the full price because of the box.

I hate to say I won't get this, because I eventually end up getting all of Maiden's stuff. But considering that all these CDs are simply former bootlegs, they better not expect anything more than 60 bucks for it. If they stick a $100 price tag on it, well then f**k them.
THRASHCRAZED

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:29 pm    Post subject: new iron maiden box set Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Take_Off_You_Hoser:
[url=http://www.ironmaiden.com/ironmaiden/news/news_090902.asp]http:// www.ironmaiden.com/ironmaiden/news/news_090902.asp[/url]

I might actually pick this up.

Me too!!
woosta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: new iron maiden box set Reply with quote

Yep, that's nice, but I still like the Eddie Head better. I didn't like the pricetag, but I liked the idea!
JosephC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: new iron maiden box set Reply with quote

The more I look at this set the less I like it.

-The two "best of b-sides" CDs are worthless for me because I (as a loyal Maiden fan) already have all of that.

-The way the first two discs are "patched" together is just horrible. Of course, this is the way the bootleg was so that's the way it is presented here. But you have 2/3rds of those CDs being from the early 80s, and then you have Seventh Son era stuff just tacked onto the end. And then you have the song Iron Maiden on the first two discs a total of FOUR times. Yeah, like I need FOUR more live versions of that track. These two CDs are worthless.

-I do admit I like the idea of the Hammersmith 82 set. But once again it's pretty crappy to package this live set with the other live set where you have a bunch of songs repeated (Wrathchild, Run to the Hills, Children of the Damned, 22 Acacia Avenue, The Number of the Beast, Killers, Transylvania, The Prisoner, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Phantom of the Opera, Iron Maiden (5th time!), Sanctuary, Running Free, Prowler). I mean that is pretty ridiculous. The Hammersmith double set is 18 songs and 14 of those appear on the other double disc set. And of those 18 tracks, the only one I don't already have a live version of is Total Eclipse.

The more and more I look at this the bigger waste it seems. I mean come on Maiden. They could have just done a "Beat the Bootleggers" series like Zappa did and sell these as individual double disc sets. If they charge more than $60 for this it will be a huge frickin rip-off. Even at $60, I think I'll pass. After all, I already have all of those b-sides and FIVE more live versions of "Iron Maiden" is just a little too much for me to handle.
rockin500

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:55 pm    Post subject: new iron maiden box set Reply with quote

i was thinking this afternoon: "WHOO HOO!! way to rape us fans for some more money and can maiden act any more like Gene Simmons"
Rockangel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:07 pm    Post subject: new iron maiden box set Reply with quote

Wish you could buy just the box for the cd's you already have.
MAIDENFAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: new iron maiden box set Reply with quote

well i'm going to buy it because i am loyal to maiden and i can afford it. I think it's better to spend my money on maiden than any of the trl bands on mtv every five minutes. Plus i have seen maiden live like 12 times and i can honestly say they put 200% into the show and have never dissapointed me or my friends yet so therefore UP THE IRONS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: