HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nirvana
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 12:52 pm    Post subject: Nirvana Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Metal1:
Bralalalala, forgive me, but your a moron.

Nirvana wasn't even a Metal band, so your entire topic is a complete waste of time!

To top it off, they sucked, from the vocals to the music. There wasn't a thing that made them special; all they were was a clothing trend.

A clothing trend? Yet another massively successful music clothing trend? I find it amazing the ignorance of the masses. Over and over again a great artist comes along, plays different music, looks different, and all you bigots can refer to is the clothes part of it. Excuse me, but clothing is an expression of the artist. The artist is not the expression of the clothing. I think your priorities in life are a good bit mixed up. I said it before, I'll say it again. Nirvana was a great band because their singer sang with style and conviction. Cobain was a real passion. Categorize whether they were metal all you want. They played hard oriented music. This is a hard radio message board. I rightly posted on them here. I could talk to you about the benefits of listening to classical or Britney Spears, but I didn't do that, now did I?
D.W.S

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:23 pm    Post subject: Nirvana Reply with quote

Guys wearing dresses = disgusting.
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:51 pm    Post subject: Nirvana Reply with quote

[QUOTE]Originally posted by D.W.S:
Guys wearing dresses = disgusting.[/QUOTe
Yeah steven tyler really ought to rethink that one huh? oh yeah you too cobain..and that STP guy too..and what is with glam and the new york dolls and guys named Alice and DEE? Since there is no cleanliness problem about a dress properly worn, it must be that homophobia again. Bottom line, these artists ARE NOT DISGUSTING!
Metal1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 8:33 pm    Post subject: Nirvana Reply with quote

Ok, then why are you posting on a metal board about Nirvana if your not looking for an argument?

I'm sure there's a grunge.com or something that has an entire Cobain-ass-kissing section you can enjoy.

From a metal perspective, Nirvana has as much influence as a turd.
Valhallen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 8:39 am    Post subject: Nirvana Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mayhem62:
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear_x:
well I despise Nirvana and to so-called seatlle sound,Alice Chains,yawn..pearl jam,soundgarden and anyone else who fukkin sounded like these irratating bands...that killed metal.
the grunge sound seemed empty to me,even Poison seemed more artful.
The only bands from Seattle worth a damn
Heart
Metal Church
QueensRyche

Don't forget Jimi Hendrix.
...and don't forget these Seattle bands too!!

Fifth Angel
Sanctuary/Nevermore
Culprit
Heir Apparent

BTW, I do like Alice In Chains and some Soundgarden. Don't forget that AIC was originally marketed as a Heavy Metal band before the "Grunge" hype.
Valhallen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 8:46 am    Post subject: Nirvana Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by D.W.S:
Guys wearing dresses = disgusting.

Agreed, well sort of. My Scottish ancestors wore kilts, so I don't have much room to talk.

Anyway, does anyone remember Kurt Cobain appearing with his bass player on MTV's Headbanger's Ball? During his interview with Rikki Ratchman, Kurt wore a dress. I later read in an interview that Kurt felt it was appropiate. He had to "get dressed up for the ball". Screw Cobain, Metal didn't deserve the contempt that Cobain,the industry puppet, was spewing.
Red Stripe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: Nirvana Reply with quote

Nirvana is easily the most overrated band in the history of music. Those guys were pathetic. I want to puke every time I see some "critic" heaping praises upon them.
Danzig066

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:00 pm    Post subject: Nirvana Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Metal1:
Bralalalala, forgive me, but your a moron.

Nirvana wasn't even a Metal band, so your entire topic is a complete waste of time!

To top it off, they sucked, from the vocals to the music. There wasn't a thing that made them special; all they were was a clothing trend.

I Have to Agree with you completely. This topic isn't even about metal music, it's about a band that wasn't very good, although they may have started something in grunge, it has nothing to do with metal.
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:08 pm    Post subject: Nirvana Reply with quote

I sometimes I have to wonder whether people have even really listened to the bands they're trashing on. It's one thing to say you don't like Nirvana or even that they suck and another to say there is nothing heavy about them. In Utero was a pretty damned heavy album and Bleach was pretty heavy too. Yeah it doesn't have the technical picking of thrash or any mindblowing leads, but I don't think that's all there is to music either.

And Soundgarden, AIC, and STP have all been really metal at times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: