HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robin Trower

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mayhem62

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:12 pm    Post subject: Robin Trower Reply with quote

Anybody here a fan of his?

I've been a Trower listening frenzy today at work and on the drive home. Listened to the seventies material like Caravan to Midnight, Victims of the Fury, Bridge of Sighs, Twice Removed from Yesterday, In City Dreams and Long Misty Days.

I know he's not metal but a blues based rock, but still some great stuff.
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:29 pm    Post subject: Robin Trower Reply with quote

For anybody into great guitar players, any of the Trower stuff is required listening.
Stark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:29 am    Post subject: Robin Trower Reply with quote

Man, "Victims Of The Fury", is one hell of an album. Most of his albums are actually great, while just a few, like "Take What You Need" is a bit on the wimpy side. I have a live-recording from Westwood One just after "Victims.." which is awesome.

/Janne
Stark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:28 pm    Post subject: Robin Trower Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mayhem62:
Wow! I thought after "Victims", he did his collaboration with Jack Bruce for the B.L.T. group. I didn't know there was a live recording in between.

It's not an official live-album. It's a WW1 radio promo. It was broadcast as a radio show in the US. Awesome show with killer-versions of "Jack & Jill", "Day Of The Eagle", "Victims Of The Fury" etc etc.
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:36 pm    Post subject: Robin Trower Reply with quote

I have "For Earth Below" (1975) on vinyl which I really dug, but it's been awhile since I gave it a spin. Now, I kind of suffer from Robin Trower overload due to constant jukebox play at the tavern I frequent. But the man can play guitar, no doubt about that! I think I may have to dust off the 'ol turntable....
Mayhem62

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:38 pm    Post subject: Robin Trower Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hippyblood:
I have "For Earth Below" (1975) on vinyl which I really dug, but it's been awhile since I gave it a spin. Now, I kind of suffer from Robin Trower overload due to constant jukebox play at the tavern I frequent. But the man can play guitar, no doubt about that! I think I may have to dust off the 'ol turntable....

"For Earth Below" and "Live" are the only ones I need now. Hopefully I can find the cd with both of these albums on it. A friend of mine has it on order though, I'll see if I can get a copy of it.
Mayhem62

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:38 pm    Post subject: Robin Trower Reply with quote

Wow! I thought after "Victims", he did his collaboration with Jack Bruce for the B.L.T. group. I didn't know there was a live recording in between.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: