HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bands That Everybody Seemed To Like But You.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: Bands That Everybody Seemed To Like But You. Reply with quote

Do you have those bands that everybody seems to like, but for some reason you don't. For me it was Judas Priest and Motorhead. I just couldn't get into these two bands. Not because I think they suck, I just never cared for them.

I think Rob Halford for priest was a good singer but I liked him better when he was on his own with Fight. Motorhead was on tour with Morbid Angel for some reason they cancelled but Morbid Angel stil came anyway, I was really glad to see that, I would have probably left after Morbid Angel anyway.
Motorola

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:50 pm    Post subject: Bands That Everybody Seemed To Like But You. Reply with quote

Well, Motorhead is one of my all-time favourite bands, and I never really got into death metal such as Morbid Sphincter (as one reviewer once put it) because of the cookie monster vocals.

I didn't get into Priest or Maiden until about ten years after I heard them the first time (first heard them in the early eighties).
One band whose greatness I've never really understood is Zeppelin. I could easily fit all their good songs on a 60 minute tape (if anybody does that anymore?). But then again, 60 minutes worth of classics is more than most bands put out in a lifetime. I never got into the Chili Pepers, rock and rap don't mix well. Alice Cooper's 80's and 90's material never impressed me. Neither did 'Ryche after the Rage album.
Few bands bore me more than Kiss, what's the big deal?

I'd better stop, this could go on forever...
Jeff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 11:19 pm    Post subject: Bands That Everybody Seemed To Like But You. Reply with quote

I have to agree on the Motorhead choice 100%. I bought and best of collection back 4 years ago and do not like it much at all.
Probably my biggest band I just can't get into would be Pantera. I jsut don't see what all the hoopla is about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mijarra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 11:44 pm    Post subject: Bands That Everybody Seemed To Like But You. Reply with quote

We'll, I'll probably be banned for this, but I officially decided just yesterday that I don't like Blind Guardian at all. I've been force feedng myself A Night at the Opera over the last week or two, and I just don't dig it. They seem like they try too hard to be epic instead of just being metal.

On the other hand, I've heard some live clips from them that sounded pretty good, so maybe A Night at the Opera isn't the best example of what they can do.
Jeff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 12:02 am    Post subject: Bands That Everybody Seemed To Like But You. Reply with quote

I havn't lsitend to that cd since 3 weeks after i bought it. It really did nothing for me. I do like Tales From The Twighlight World and Imaginations From The Other Side, along with Somewhere In Time as my fav BG albums.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 12:58 am    Post subject: Bands That Everybody Seemed To Like But You. Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Badboy:
Do you have those bands that everybody seems to like, but for some reason you don't. For me it was Judas Priest and Motorhead. I just couldn't get into these two bands. Not because I think they suck, I just never cared for them.

I think Rob Halford for priest was a good singer but I liked him better when he was on his own with Fight. Motorhead was on tour with Morbid Angel for some reason they cancelled but Morbid Angel stil came anyway, I was really glad to see that, I would have probably left after Morbid Angel anyway.

Interesting Judas Priest and Motorhead, along with Blind Guardian are of my all-time favorite bands. But I agree there are tons of bands out there, people like and I don't (for zillions of personal reasons), and viceversa. So here are some (rock only):

The Who
Led Zeppelin
Van Halen
Slayer
Sepultura
Ozzy Osbourne
Tool
Pantera
Emperor
Arch Enemy
Rhapsody
Children Of Bodom
In Flames
Gamma Ray
Primal Fear
Manowar
Destruction
Sodom
Cannibal Corpse
Napalm Death
Carcass
Mercyful Fate
King Diamond
Pearl Jam
Queensryche
Ratt
Motley Crue
Kiss

I just got tired, there are a lot of them.
[img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 6:27 am    Post subject: Bands That Everybody Seemed To Like But You. Reply with quote

I'd say Emperor or early Slayer.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 6:56 am    Post subject: Bands That Everybody Seemed To Like But You. Reply with quote

Top on my list is Van Halen. *gag*

Some songs with Sammy were ok. But I have always detested Dave. I never liked his voice.
Raider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 8:31 am    Post subject: Bands That Everybody Seemed To Like But You. Reply with quote

I'd definitely go with Motorhead. I like their songwriting, it's just their actual performing of those songs I don't like. As a result, I often end up liking covers of their songs better than the originals. Lemmy's vox has a lot to do with this. I find it funny the people who say they can't listen to death vox, but listen to Motorhead. But anyway...

Stratovarius. Just bored me

Evergrey. Not bad, just not energetic enough to listen to when I'm in a mood for metal, and when I'm not in a mood for metal I wouldn't think to listen to them. As a result, it never gets listened to.

Dark Angel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: