HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Space Lord

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 3:21 am    Post subject: GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled? Reply with quote

I just happened to catch this announcement on Blabbermouth.net:

[url=http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&ne wsitemID=8072]http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=A rticle&newsitemID=8072[/url]

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Slash and the other bandmates need to save Axl from himself at this point. A still-unfinished album 10 years in the making, a tour featuring the latest made-by-MTV fad band and now frequent no-shows at concerts. This band [i]used[/i] to matter. What happened, Axl?
General Zod

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:29 am    Post subject: GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled? Reply with quote

I find the whole GnR thing bizarre to begin with. This is a band that released 1 great CD. Count'em, 1. They didn't release 10. They didn't release 5. They didn't even release 2. They released... 1. So, not only do we have a band who has only 1 CD worth buying to their credit, but this same band has screwed their fans every chance they got. When they only had 1 CDs worth of decent material, they decided to release 2 CDs to capitalize on their sucess. At concerts, *IF* Axl shows, he always, always, always makes the fans wait a ridiculous amount of time before going on. And now, for his coup de gra, he's touring with a band, that he calls GnR, even though he's the only real GnR member. And yet, they're selling out Madison Square Garden in 15 minutes. Anyone who goes to a GnR show gets exactly what they deserve. As a matter of fact, I'm glad those jackasses waited around for 3 hours, had to sit through two rap artists, and then were sent home without see this faux GnR. During this cold winter season, it actually warms the cockles of my heart.

GZ
FALCON

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 10:56 am    Post subject: GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled? Reply with quote

He he he, way to rip it GZ, "Cockles" and "Coup de gra", you are on your way to AFC north, player/boarder of the week honors, I agree as per GNR, they cannot deliver anywhere near the level of hype and grandeour that rock media and all has positioned them. "Appitite" rules for what it was, the beginning and End of the GNR reign. I got tickets that I passed by from a buddy for the GNR-San Diego show December 27th. 3rd row in the front, got better uses of $150 clams... (hey btw I am flying over for Chargers-Raiders and the whole decent of Raider nation upon SoCal>go Dwight and Co..)
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 1:49 pm    Post subject: GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled? Reply with quote

Though I did sell both my Guns and Roses albums(Use your Illusion II and Appetite) I'd have to say that both the albums were pretty good(which is why I'm not sure I sold them- probably because I never listened to them despite their quality).

But yes the fans should be ready for bullshit when there is a history like this of problems in the band and people not showing up.
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 5:27 pm    Post subject: GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lars37:
I agree about this debacle that Axl calls Guns N Roses*, but in fairness, I must say that IN MY OPINION, if they would've combined the best moments of Use Your Illusion 1 and 2, that would've made for ONE great disc. That would've meant 2 great GNR discs total.

But Axl really needs to just stop it...now.

I definitely agree with you there, because in among the average songs there were some real gems on those two albums. Certainly enough for one great full length CD.

Axl and his travelling circus should be stopped though, and now. I also agree that people going to see them deserve what they get, because everyone should know more than well enough by now that they are going to be screwed in one way or another. I don't know if I would consider myself more screwed if they didn't show up, or if they did show up and I had to see just how far Axl has plumbed the depths these days.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mayhem62

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 5:37 pm    Post subject: GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by General Zod:
I find the whole GnR thing bizarre to begin with. This is a band that released 1 great CD. Count'em, 1. They didn't release 10. They didn't release 5. They didn't even release 2. They released... 1. So, not only do we have a band who has only 1 CD worth buying to their credit, but this same band has screwed their fans every chance they got. When they only had 1 CDs worth of decent material, they decided to release 2 CDs to capitalize on their sucess. At concerts, *IF* Axl shows, he always, always, always makes the fans wait a ridiculous amount of time before going on. And now, for his coup de gra, he's touring with a band, that he calls GnR, even though he's the only real GnR member. And yet, they're selling out Madison Square Garden in 15 minutes. Anyone who goes to a GnR show gets exactly what they deserve. As a matter of fact, I'm glad those jackasses waited around for 3 hours, had to sit through two rap artists, and then were sent home without see this faux GnR. During this cold winter season, it actually warms the cockles of my heart.

GZ

I douldn't agree more. Although there were some decent songs on Lies and the 2 Use your Illusion discs, they were not top notch rock like Appetite.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:02 pm    Post subject: GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled? Reply with quote

I've seen G&R cover bands that were better. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
British Steel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 10:48 pm    Post subject: GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled? Reply with quote

Let's not forget the costs associated with
this Axl Rose Band Tour. These cancellations have cost the promoter, concert halls, employees and fans tens of thousands of $. They have indirectly caused physical injuries. The fans at these shows won't get back Ticketmaster fees. They won't get back tolls, parking, bus/train expenses, babysitter costs, etc. They won't get back vacation days, work hours, etc..
It is outrageous.
Lars37

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:08 am    Post subject: GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled? Reply with quote

I agree about this debacle that Axl calls Guns N Roses*, but in fairness, I must say that IN MY OPINION, if they would've combined the best moments of Use Your Illusion 1 and 2, that would've made for ONE great disc. That would've meant 2 great GNR discs total.

But Axl really needs to just stop it...now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: