HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yngwie unleashes the fury!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:42 am    Post subject: Yngwie unleashes the fury! Reply with quote

From Blabbermouth:

YNGWIE MALMSTEEN Threatens To Kill Passenger On Flight - Dec. 9, 2002

YNGWIE MALMSTEEN threatened to kill a fellow passenger on a flight to Tokyo, Japan after the woman poured a glassful of water on the guitarist.

The passenger, who had no prior contact with Yngwie, allegedly overheard Malmsteen making derogatory comments about homosexuals and decided to show her disapproval by emptying the contents of her glass on the hefty axeman.

A member of Yngwie's touring entourage, who was traveling with Malmsteen at the time, had a tape recorder running and managed to catch Yngwie's reaction on tape immediately after the guitarist was "assaulted" by the offended passenger.

To download an MP3 file containing Yngwie's response to the "water attack", including his now-legendary phrase "You've unleashed the ****ing fury," click [url=http://www.blabbermouth.net/yngwie_tokyo_flight.mp3]here[/url] (file size: 1.7 MB).
Ug

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:43 am    Post subject: Yngwie unleashes the fury! Reply with quote

Not surprised at all but Yngwie does deserve some sympathy because his ego/arrogance is critically wounded after the incident, don't forget they are as important to him as oxygen is to us. So instead of the lame threats, he should've beheaded the lady with his six-stringed excalibur and write a song (with lots of rhyming words) about the incident for his next album. I would suggest he substitutes the lady/glass with dragon/fire or devil/voodoo or any other combination that makes him look like an injured hero. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

To show my support I will put on Trilogy at a loud volume and I urge every Yngwie fan to do the same. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Lars37

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:08 am    Post subject: Yngwie unleashes the fury! Reply with quote

"hefty axeman"

brilliant... [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:14 am    Post subject: Yngwie unleashes the fury! Reply with quote

Considering the whole situation, something like 'Come Hell Or High Water'? [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
PHDPLUS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:21 pm    Post subject: Yngwie unleashes the fury! Reply with quote

It's unfortunate that Yngwie has to relate, in any manner, to the common man, indeed, in this case to the common dyke. Calling a homo a homo is more of a definitional thing anyway. Apparently, Yngwie completely forgot about it since his first show in Japan was completely killer(er, I mean, kill her).
iwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:00 pm    Post subject: Yngwie unleashes the fury! Reply with quote

What an ass! That's all I can say.
PHDPLUS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:09 pm    Post subject: Yngwie unleashes the fury! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by iwarrior:

I take it your comment is based on all of the evidence?
iwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:45 pm    Post subject: Yngwie unleashes the fury! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by PHDPLUS:
quote:

Look,I wasn't there,but threatening to kill someone for pouring a glass of water on you is ridiculous. Malmsteen should have acted like an adult in that situation instead of a petulant child.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:32 pm    Post subject: Yngwie unleashes the fury! Reply with quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PHDPLUS:
quote:

Look,I wasn't there,but threatening to kill someone for pouring a glass of water on you is ridiculous. Malmsteen should have acted like an adult in that situation instead of a petulant child.
It was water, not boric acid.

What the woman did was rude and juvenile if she wasn't involved in the conversation and if his statements had nothing to do with her (but relatively restrained and kinda classy if she was and his statements were directed at her).

Yngwie's reaction, however, is hilarious no matter how you look at it. Yngwie couldn't unleash the fury on a housefly - he'd have to get the maid to do it. It would be awesome to see Yngwie get into a shouting match with somebody as loudmouthed as he is, like Billy Milano.

This tape should end up on some Fox special, "Air Rage: TERROR IN THE SKIES!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: