HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wrathchild (USA) is missed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish44

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:22 pm    Post subject: Wrathchild (USA) is missed Reply with quote

Wrathchild is on my mind. Yes, the American version. I have seen them several times, years ago: Small clubs (Mannys, Rockville, MD) Middle sized clubs (Rabbit's Foot, Frederick, MD) and larger clubs (The Old Hammerjacks, Balto. MD). This "local" band (I believe from WV/MD) was the best music to come from this area. (This would include KIX and Child's Play.)

Anyone else love this band? They only had a few records, but live - there was none more precise, more loud, at least as far as clubs go.

So, anyone seen them live? If so, where? What are your opinions? Sad that these bands can't survive.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:39 pm    Post subject: Wrathchild (USA) is missed Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I loved Wrathchild America. I saw them four times, all at Hammerjacks (R.I.P.). The first time I saw them, Pantera actually opened up for them - of course, that was just after Pantera released Cowboys From Hell. Anyway, I always thought WA was one of the more original thrash metal bands out there. And they always put on a great show. To this day, I've never seen four guys down more shots of Jaegermeister than them. Now that I think of it, Armored Saint even opened for them once.

Shannon Larkin was an awesome drummer too.
JosephC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:03 pm    Post subject: Wrathchild (USA) is missed Reply with quote

I believe Shannon Larkin is now in Godsmack.
woosta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 5:11 am    Post subject: Wrathchild (USA) is missed Reply with quote

I've seen them about 3 times, all in Harrisburg at Club Met. Armored Saint opened for them the first time. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Amazing live show. Shannon Larkin was damn near the best thing I've ever seen on drums. He was out of his mind. The band was just tight as a ****ing fiddle. I also saw them as Souls at Zero and they were good with that music too, but nothing can surpass their Wrathchild America days.

I guess the singer was going to Penn State for a while before making the band. That's pretty cool.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:04 pm    Post subject: Wrathchild (USA) is missed Reply with quote

Quoted by JosephC:

quote:
I believe Shannon Larkin is now in Godsmack.
I believe you're right. I heard he had joined some band, but I couldn't remember which one. He also played on Ugly Kid Joe's "Menace To Sobriety," the only good UKJ disc IMO.

And the last I heard about Brad Divens, he was tour manager for Monster Magnet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: