HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most anticipated releases of '03?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:54 am    Post subject: Most anticipated releases of '03? Reply with quote

I've been waiting for a new Helloween disc for a long time. They let me down a little with Dark Ride, but I know they can do better. I'm just hoping they can get to the states to support the new album and also release a really great record. I'm thinking if Deris and Weikath write most of the songs they've got a good chance at it.

I'm pretty curious about the Opeth, but mostly cause I'm curious about the sound.

I'm also curious about the new Metallica. I'm pretty sure most people won't be, but I'm wondering if I can get into it or not.

Is Savatage releasing something new next year? That would be cool.

Diamond Head is recording a new album and planning to tour the US! Sweet! Yeah so I know they haven't released a killer album since 1980, but I don't mind their other stuff, and something about this band's cult status makes them appeal to me.

I'll probably pick up the new Nevermore, though I'm thinking a lot of you guys could be disappointed with the new one after the unbelievably high praise of Dead Heart.

Same deal with Iced Earth, though I'm not sure I want to put money into that or not.

Arch Enemy coming out with a new disc! I think so! Great things could come here. I'm not sure it will be too original, but they said it will be even more aggressive than Wages of Sin. I'm not a hardcore death metal band follower, but this may be exciting.

Anthrax may or may not be good. I actually liked Volume 8, but rumor has it they are going to have more numetal stuff on the next record(they only had one song- Inside Out- that was numetal on vol8).

Testament is exciting. Don't know if they can keep up with the full throttle excitement of The Gathering, but I'd buy into it.

I can see my wallet getting slimmer already. I really need a job to support this stuff now!
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:17 am    Post subject: Most anticipated releases of '03? Reply with quote

More than probably anything else, I'm foaming at the mouth over the new Orphaned Land album and the recording of the final In the Woods... concert in December 1999.
Ug

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:40 am    Post subject: Most anticipated releases of '03? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by FALCON:
One more to add for me would certainly be COC...luv em!

they are coming out with a new one?? i did like "america volumer dealer" (i know i'm in a minority), it did take me a number of spins to get used the album but in the end, i gave up. the wimpy song "stare too long" ended up being my fav track [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
General Zod

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 7:43 am    Post subject: Most anticipated releases of '03? Reply with quote

Nevermore
Iced Earth
Evergrey
Ark (if they get Jorn back in the band)
Opeth
Amorphis
Aska
Balance of Power
Steve Vai
Johnny A.

I would agree that Iced Earth is tetering on the brink of Manowarism.

I've had the new Kamelot for about a month, or else that would be on my list.

GZ
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 5:04 pm    Post subject: Most anticipated releases of '03? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by General Zod:
Nevermore
Iced Earth
Evergrey
Ark (if they get Jorn back in the band)
Opeth
Amorphis
Aska
Balance of Power
Steve Vai
Johnny A.

I would agree that Iced Earth is tetering on the brink of Manowarism.

I've had the new Kamelot for about a month, or else that would be on my list.

GZ

It's cool that Manowar is important enough now to have a word come from them.

But what exactly is Manowarish about Iced Earth? I haven't heard them preaching about false metal on their albums. I think I've seen it on their tshirts, but that's a different matter altogether from their albums.
General Zod

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:44 pm    Post subject: Most anticipated releases of '03? Reply with quote

I can't speak for Tyranno, but what I was referring to was how Iced Earth seems to be upping the "cheese factor" with each release. Although, Iced Earth can do what they want, and still retake the Metal universe when they finally release "The Birth of the Wicked" concept CD. If it's on par with the trilogy on "Something Wicked", it just could be the finest Metal disc ever.

GZ
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 7:11 pm    Post subject: Most anticipated releases of '03? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by General Zod:
I can't speak for Tyranno, but what I was referring to was how Iced Earth seems to be upping the "cheese factor" with each release. Although, Iced Earth can do what they want, and still retake the Metal universe when they finally release "The Birth of the Wicked" concept CD. If it's on par with the trilogy on "Something Wicked", it just could be the finest Metal disc ever.

GZ

Ok yes, I can see the cheesiness in their songs especially horror show. I thought you guys were talking about the death to false metal theme(which I know one of their tshirts refers to, but I haven't heard it in a song by them).
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 5:10 am    Post subject: Most anticipated releases of '03? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
It's cool that Manowar is important enough now to have a word come from them.

But what exactly is Manowarish about Iced Earth? I haven't heard them preaching about false metal on their albums. I think I've seen it on their tshirts, but that's a different matter altogether from their albums.

Think of how ridiculous Manowar's version of "An American Trilogy" was. Iced Earth appears to be doing a very large portion of the upcoming album on this theme.

On one hand, I trust Iced Earth to metal it all up more than Manowar did. But not completely - I always figured "Ghost of Freedom" was the worst song on _Horror Show_ and it wasn't just because of its odd-man-out nature.

Aside from the underlying irony of these bands singing the praises of a country that, musically speaking, won't give them the time of day and probably never will (they obviously have a lot more reasons to love their country), the notion of a patriotic metal song is like...well, imagine one of those Manowarly "the glory of the brotherhood of steel" type songs, and make it so serious and reverent that the only way you can react to it is to succumb to it completely or laugh it off.

Which is basically what Manowar's like.
Ug

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 6:08 am    Post subject: Most anticipated releases of '03? Reply with quote

tyrano-thank you, that's exactly what I meant when i said i hope the new album is more dark saga/something wicked than horror show. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: