HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crue you!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:20 am    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

I am by far, NOT what you would call a Motley Crue fan...but sitting here with cocktail in hand and headphones on head, I'd have to say that "Misunderstood" is a damn good song. Maybe I need to go to bed....
General Zod

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 6:58 am    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

That's actually not a Motley Crue song. To put it simply; if Vince don't sing on it, it aint Crue.

GZ
JosephC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:30 am    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

Screw that, Corabi ruled. That whole Motley Crue CD with him on it smoked. Power To the Music, Uncle Jack, Holligan's Holiday, Hammered, Till Death Do Us Part, Smoke The Sky : all standout cuts.

Too Fast for Love and Shout At the Devil are still the top two Crue CDs in my opinion.
General Zod

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 3:56 pm    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by JosephC:
Screw that, Corabi ruled. That whole Motley Crue CD with him on it smoked.

I would agree with you there. However, I would suggest it smoked donkey dung.

GZ
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

I liked the Corabi record. It was the best Crue album in a while.
rockin500

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:29 am    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

i dont consider the corabi disc motley crue. as GZ said, if vince aint singin, motley aint playin
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:43 pm    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

I think Motley isn't playing on a lot of Crue records besides the one with Corabi. New Tattoo, most of Girls, much of Theatre of Pain, and yes in my opinion, also most of Too Fast For Love.

Haven't heard anything from Corabi, but I'm not tempted to try out that album, since i haven't been into them in quite some time.

Still an alright live show though(I think vince actually remembered the words for the concert I was at).
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:55 pm    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

I'm pretty surpised by the replys to this. I figured people liked the Corabi stuff, especially after listening to it again after all these years.
Again, I'm not a Motley Crue fan, (I let my wife have a couple slots in the changer [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] ), but if I had to pick one, I definitely like the Corabi disc the best.
The Neil/Corabi change reminds me of the Belladonna/Bush change Anthrax went through (Except I like Belladonna too). Corabi kind of gives Crue a more "mature" sound, rather than that cartoon hair band sound they have with Vince.
Oh well, to each their own. I'm certainly not one to defend them either way. I was just a little surprised at the negative response.

My wife's discs seem to have a trend of getting "voted off the island", so Motley Crue will probably disappear off the face of my earth soon enough anyway! But it will be Motley Corabi last.
Lars37

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:35 pm    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by rockin500:
i dont consider the corabi disc motley crue. as GZ said, if vince aint singin, motley aint playin

Well then, Motley must've never played, cuz Vince Neil could never sing!

I'd agree with this sentence:
"If Vince ain't screeching like a cat whose tail just got stepped on, Motley ain't playin'!"

Motley put out MANY great songs, but they would ALL have been better with a real singer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: