HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crue you!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtlhd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

General, you're right on brother! The fans spoke loud and clear. When Corabi was in the band the tour flopped and the album sales for that album sucked! I remember the show here in San Diego for that tour was gonna be at an outdoor venue (SDSU's Open Air Theatre) that holds about 5,000 then it was moved to a small indoor venue (SDSU's Montezuma Hall) which holds about 500. Then the show ended up being cancelled, so obviously the huge majority of fans weren't buying it.
Nightofthecrime

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

1. Theatre of Pain. WAAY underrated, the songs are definitely there. And the guitar riffs are the Crues best ever.. City Boy Blues, Fight for your Right, Keep Your Eye on the Money. Shame the singles were a cover and a ballad, gives people the wrong impression of the album.
2. Shout. WHat can be said that hasn't already been said? Read Fargö Rock City and you'll see. Still, I can't understand why the remaster didn't have Black Widow and Run for Your Life...
3. Too Fast. The original LA Sleaze, so much attitude it's scary. Great bonus tracks on the remaster.
4. Dr Feelgood. Again stupid choice of songs.. great tunes like DrF and Don't go Away mixed with junk.. Say Yeah and Rodeo should have been on there!
5. Generation Swine. Good songs, don't like the production and overall feel of the album. Brandon is probably the worst song ever committed to CD by a band that I like...
6. GGG. Starts great, then it gets boring. Could have been better if Nikki wrote more songs to choose from!
7. New Tattoo. The songs just aren't there with few exceptions.
8. s/t. Weak songs, trendy (ie. dated, early 90s) production a couple years too late and I don't like Corabis vocals, particularly not on this material. Smoke the Sky, Hooligans and 10.000 miles would maybe have been good with the original Crue....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: