HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

At last! I bought "The Odyssey"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 8:22 pm    Post subject: At last! I bought "The Odyssey" Reply with quote

Courtesy of a gift card, and having liked the two songs I downloaded from it, I bought Symphony X's "The Odyssey", ooooh, 20 minutes ago. I won't actually get a chance to listen to it properly until tomorrow night, but I'm pretty sure I will enjoy it (and no doubt go on to get most of their back catalogue). It's about time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mayhem62

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 8:42 pm    Post subject: At last! I bought "The Odyssey" Reply with quote

Cool, you're right, you won't be disappointed. It is a very good disc. The Odyssey was my first venture into this band and I'll be picking up more of theirs.
lthunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 6:22 am    Post subject: At last! I bought "The Odyssey" Reply with quote

Boy have you opened up a can of whoopass! I haven't been able to stop listening to that album since I bought it. I'll take it out for a few days to listen to something else but I just get this NEED to hear it again after a few days and once it's back in the player again, it's there for another week! For me, that album is just the perfect metal album, perfect vocals, guitar playing, everything!
General Zod

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:50 am    Post subject: At last! I bought "The Odyssey" Reply with quote

I'm glad to see you took the leap. Personally, I think this band is such a slam dunk for any fan of Mr. Malmsteen. While it's clear that Michael Romeo spent his youth listening to Yngwie, he never steals from him, and there are so many other influences in his playing, as well as originality to his style, that any fan of the guitar should be sufficiently impressed, if not completely blown away.

It seems that more and more folks are recognizing just how special SX is. This amazing band has spent way too much time in the shadows of bands no where near their equal.

GZ
iwarrior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: At last! I bought "The Odyssey" Reply with quote

The Odyssey is one 2002's best metal albums IMO.
YJMfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: At last! I bought "The Odyssey" Reply with quote

One of my favorite albums of 2002.
The others being Dream Theater's Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance and the other being Dio's Killing the Dragon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: