HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opeth & Lacuna Coil gig at Troubadour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MUTANT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:20 am    Post subject: Opeth & Lacuna Coil gig at Troubadour Reply with quote

I have heard about both of these bands. But, I have never heard them. I see that they are playing at The Troubadour. Is it worth seeing? What do the bands sound like?
Pat Aaron

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:39 am    Post subject: Opeth & Lacuna Coil gig at Troubadour Reply with quote

I am not blown away by either band.

Lacuna Coil has a chick singer. However, I didn't think she was all that powerful and didn't like her voice. She is cute, though.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Opeth & Lacuna Coil gig at Troubadour Reply with quote

Opeth should be worth checking out. I will be at the S.F. show, hell tix are only $14.
deamon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Opeth & Lacuna Coil gig at Troubadour Reply with quote

The chick in Lacuna Coil is cute but her voice kind of bugs me.

I think she should pack in the music biz and go the route of Lee Aaron. Let's see her in Oui!
Paul G

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Opeth & Lacuna Coil gig at Troubadour Reply with quote

Lacuna Coil has apparently pulled out of the tour according to the latest news
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Opeth & Lacuna Coil gig at Troubadour Reply with quote

I've seen Opeth twice, and will be attending the Philly show. They sound good live, but have little to offer in the way of stage presence. If you are already an Opeth fan, go. If you aren't, don't bother.

GZ
nitro4040

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Opeth & Lacuna Coil gig at Troubadour Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by General Zod:
I've seen Opeth twice, and will be attending the Philly show. They sound good live, but have little to offer in the way of stage presence. If you are already an Opeth fan, go. If you aren't, don't bother.

GZ

I haven't seen them, and heard the same about the stage presence, or lack there of, but for the musicianship and price, support live metal!
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Opeth & Lacuna Coil gig at Troubadour Reply with quote

It's twenty dollars at the Jaxx, but I think I'll still go see it.

Opeth pretty much just stands there playing their stuff. Most of the time it seems to be note for note of what is on the record. So it's cool that they can pull everything off. On the other hand, despite the fact that people go buckwild for Demon of the Fall, there isn't a lot of band-crowd participation.
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Opeth & Lacuna Coil gig at Troubadour Reply with quote

Here's the scoop on Lacuna Coil direct from Century Media:

The bad news if official...due to an immigration screw-up, LACUNA COIL are having to pull off of the upcoming 4 Absent Friends tour with Opeth, Paradise Lost and Tapping The Vein. No other information is available at this time, however band and management are seeking another touring option for the US in spring/early summer. We apologize for the bad news and an inconveniences, we are extremely upset to hear this news as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: