HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opinion: Mausoleum Classix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Z ROCK III

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Opinion: Mausoleum Classix Reply with quote

Does anyone here own any of the "Mausoelum Classix" cds, or heard them? (Re-releases of 80's stuff in the early 90's.) I am looking for opinions on whether or not it is worth it to invest the time and money to collect these discs. I have the Aurophon/Brainstorm series on disc and I am a bit disappointed in how weak most of the music is, but on the other hand the RoadRacer pricekillers and a lot of the SPV discs have some good music.
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated like specific bands, great tracks, style of music etc...
thanks!
iwarrior

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Opinion: Mausoleum Classix Reply with quote

I have the 2002 Mausoluem reissues of Witchfynde's Lords Of Sins and Wildfire's Summer Lightning. They both sound great and have nice liner notes and bonus tracks. The 1994 reissues were pretty threadbare.
woosta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Opinion: Mausoleum Classix Reply with quote

where's the cheapest place to get those? Any ideas?
anamal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Opinion: Mausoleum Classix Reply with quote

yeah..i got a couple of them..steeler...danger....and a couple more at the moment at the moment..........
Z ROCK III

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:20 am    Post subject: Opinion: Mausoleum Classix Reply with quote

Woosta: I have heard that Mausoleum Records is now out of business. The "classix" series was released 10 years ago also. Getting them used is
most likely the only way to get that series. Although they re-released some of these titles again, with some 2 on 1 cds etc...more recently.

I prefer my music a little heavier, yet somewhat melodic... ie. laaz rockit, agent steel, vicious rumors etc. Any bands like these I should be on the lookout for. Someone mentioned killer, Ostrogoth, etc...
iwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Opinion: Mausoleum Classix Reply with quote

I got mine from [url=http://www.dreamdisc.com]http://www.dreamdisc.com[/url]
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Opinion: Mausoleum Classix Reply with quote

Nazareth - "No Jive", good album, with a bonus track (new version of 'This Flight Tonight')
Crusader

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:02 am    Post subject: Opinion: Mausoleum Classix Reply with quote

Too sad to hear Mausoleum is out of business!! Hopefully some company will buy the rights to their 80's releases, as there are loads of goodies in their back catalogue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: