HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello again!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:46 am    Post subject: Hello again! Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I am remembered in these parts anymore, and certainly many of you newcomers will not know me from Adam, so I will reintroduce myself. As you see by the date I registered, I am something of a veteran in these parts (even moreso if you check the profile of my original name, Mattfilm). Hardradio's been a permanent fixture in my life since the fall of 1998, and in the past nowhere was my presence more readily felt than in the Hardboard (indeed, I was one of the first-generation cats who coined the term "Hardboardian" before it became the institution we all see now).

Judging by my screenname of choice, you can probably ascertain what my two favorite arts/subjects of choice are, and I am more than willing to continue that dialogue here or via e-mail. Just as a foundation of sorts, I'll ramble off a list of some of my favorite musical artists, movies, etc., blah blah blah.

My all-time favorite artists:
Iron Maiden, The Rolling Stones, Tori Amos, Megadeth, UFO/Michael Schenker Group, Pearl Jam, Helloween, Thin Lizzy, Electric Angels/The Loveless, Metallica, Motley Crue, Tesla, Scorpions, Judas Priest, Therapy?, Hanoi Rocks, Paw, Bon Jovi, Skid Row, Riot, In Flames, Patti Smith, Opeth, Queen, Def Leppard, Black Sabbath, Rainbow, Amorphis, Savatage, Matthew Sweet, Emperor, The Smashing Pumpkins, U2, Kiss, Prince, Dimmu Borgir, Madonna, Galactic Cowboys, Dio, Tiamat, The Who, Rush, Arch Enemy, Lillian Axe, Blind Guardian, Vandenberg, Peter Gabriel, Simon and Garfunkel, The Police, Aerosmith, Alice in Chains, At the Gates, Fiona Apple, Bad Religion, Beastie Boys, The Beatles, Pat Benatar, The Black Crowes, Blondie, Carcass, Celtic Frost, Cynic, Dokken, The Doors, P.J. Harvey, Billy Joel, Elton John, Journey, Kix, Kyuss, L.A. Guns, Last Crack, Led Zeppelin, Legs Diamond, Mekong Delta, Ted Nugent, Oasis, Paradise Lost, Queensryche, Sloan, Bruce Springsteen, Sting, Styx.

The new and recent (1990-present):
Aborym, Agalloch, Aghora, Altar, Amon Amarth, Amorphis, Anathema, Ancient Rites, ...And Oceans, Andromeda, Apollyon Sun, Arch Enemy, Arcturus, Babylon Whores, Backyard Babies, Balance of Power, Behemoth, Bethlehem, Beyond Dawn, Black Label Society, The Black League, Borknagar, Burnt by the Sun, Candiria, Carnal Forge, Cathedral, Cattle Press, Cave In, Cephalic Carnage, The Chasm, Children of Bodom, Chrome Locust, Clutch, Coalesce, Congress, Converge, Cradle of Filth, The Crown, Cryptopsy, Cultus Sanguine, Darkane, Dark Tranquillity, Dawnbringer, Defleshed, Demons & Wizards, Diabolical Masquerade, Digital Ruin, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Dimmu Borgir, Dismal Euphony, Dismember, Divided Multitude, Dodheimsgard, Drawn, Drowningman, Edguy, Eidolon, Enslaved, Esoteric, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Eyehategod, Fall of the Leafe, Fleurety, Forlorn, Gamma Ray, Gardenian, Garden of Shadows, The Gathering, Gehenna, God Dethroned, Godgory, Gordian Knot, Gorguts, Green Carnation, Grey Skies Fallen, Halford, Hate Eternal, The Haunted, Heaven Shall Burn, The Hellacopters, Hellchild, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Immortal, Impaled Nazarene, In Aeturnum, In Flames, Iron Savior, Kamelot, Kataklysm, Katatonia, King's-Evil, Krisiun, Lamb of God, Liar, Limbonic Art, Lions Share, Lost Horizon, Magnitude 9, Malevolent Creation, Manipulated Slaves, Martyr, Mastermind, Maudlin of the Well, Mental Home, Meshuggah, Misanthrope, Monster Magnet, Moonspell, Morgion, My Dying Bride, Myrkskog, Naglfar, Nasum, Nevermore, Nightfall, Night in Gales, Nightwish, Nile, Novembers Doom, Obtained Enslavement, Ocean Machine, October 31, Old Man's Child, Opeth, Orphaned Land, Pain of Salvation, Paradigma, A Perfect Circle, Physicist, Primordial, Puya, The Quill, Rain Fell Within, Raise Hell, Rammstein, The Ravenous, Red Harvest, Rhapsody, Roachpowder, Rotting Christ, Royal Hunt, Sacramentum, Samael, Saturnus/The Loveless, Satyricon, Scanner, Scholomance, Scissorfight, Sculptured, Sentenced, Septic Flesh, Shadows Fall, Sheavy, Sigh, Sinister, Skepticism, Skyclad, Skyforger, Slipknot, Soilwork, Solefald, Solitude Aeturnus, Sonata Arctica, Spastic Ink, Spiral Architect, Spirit Caravan, Spiritual Beggars, Steel Prophet, Strapping Young Lad, Summoning, S.U.P., Supafuzz, Susperia, Swordmaster, Symphony X, System of a Down, Tad Morose, The Tea Party, Terra Firma, Therion, Thought Industry, Tiamat, Tool, Devin Townsend, Tristania, Ulver, Vader, Vanden Plas, Vintersorg, Westworld, Windham Hell, Witchery, Withering Surface, Within Temptation.

The ass-kicking veterans:
Angel Dust, Annihilator, Blind Guardian, Blue Oyster Cult, Bolt Thrower, Candlemass, Death SS, Deceased, Destruction, Dio, Dream Theater, Entombed, Helloween, Iron Maiden, Jag Panzer, King's X, Manilla Road, Manowar, Mayhem, Mercyful Fate, Morbid Angel, Napalm Death, Neurosis, Overkill, Raven, Riot, Root, Uli Jon Roth, Savage, Savatage, Saxon, Michael Schenker Group, Sodom, Stratovarius, Testament, UFO, Uriah Heep, Virgin Steele, Voivod.

Gone but not forgotten (post-1998 break-ups only):
As Divine Grace, Avernus, Botch, Burn It Down, Control Denied, Death, Discordance Axis, earthtone9, Emperor, Fear Factory, Galactic Cowboys, In the Woods..., Lake of Tears, Lefay, Luddite Clone, Mayadome, Megadeth, Obliveon, Ophthalamia, Oppressor, Oxiplegatz, Rage Against the Machine, Santa Sangre, Solefald, Soulmotor, Soundgarden, Stuck Mojo, Turbonegro.

And now, the movies...
Schindler's List, Taxi Driver, Annie Hall, Once Upon a Time in America, When Harry Met Sally..., Goodfellas, Blazing Saddles, The Man Who Laughs, Modern Times, The Heiress, The Phantom of the Opera, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Say Anything..., Raging Bull, The Kentucky Fried Movie, Miller's Crossing, Titanic, The Godfather, Mean Streets, 42nd Street, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Searchers, Do the Right Thing, Heat, The Purple Rose of Cairo, Reservoir Dogs, Groundhog Day, Long day's Journey into Night, Rio Bravo, Saving Private Ryan, Glengarry Glen Ross, Pandora's Box, Sense and Sensibility, Love Me Tonight, The Last Picture Show, Clockers, The Manchurian Candidate, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Metropolitan, Broadway Danny Rose, A Bronx Tale, Fearless, Rambling Rose, Trainspotting, Dead Man Walking, A Fish Called Wanda, The Godfather Part II, Punchline, Pulp Fiction, The Ruling Class, Rashomon, Babe, Greed, Midnight Run, Casablanca, The Usual Suspects, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, The Magnificent Ambersons, Hope and Glory, L’Atalante, Just One of the Guys, Saturday Night Fever, Pump Up the Volume, Shadowlands, Scandal Sheet, L.A. Confidential, Natural Born Killers, The Last Temptation of Christ, The Four Hundred Blows, Bringing Up Baby, Scarface (1930-NOT the pathetic Al Pacino version), Singin' in the Rain, Shoeshine, Sleeper, The Awful Truth, Double Indemnity, Toy Story, Citizen Kane, Johnny Guitar, Manhattan, Romeo and Juliet, Jerry Maguire, Imitation of Life, McCabe and Mrs. Miller, A Christmas Story, Face/Off, Seven Samurai, Red River, The Front, The Crowd, My Cousin Vinny, 29th Street, The Bitter Tea of General Yen, Duck Soup, Force of Evil, The Truman Show, Fail-Safe, Radio Days, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Little Women

I look to be spending more time here again from now on, so keep an eye out. And if any of you want to jump a little early, I am always available at Cinemetal@yahoo.com.
AngelWitch73

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:16 am    Post subject: Hello again! Reply with quote

I am fairly new here so I do not know you but welcome back anyway...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:21 am    Post subject: Hello again! Reply with quote

Thanks, man. Hey, I'm a big fan of the metalgospel.com and barbarianwrath.org sites.
Butchman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:44 am    Post subject: Hello again! Reply with quote

Welcome back, Its been a while. What brings you back?
Raider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:00 am    Post subject: Hello again! Reply with quote

Wow, long time, no see. Welcome back!
FALCON

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:50 am    Post subject: Hello again! Reply with quote

Hey Matt, great to see you again, come around, huh... [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Icarus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:38 pm    Post subject: Hello again! Reply with quote

I knew you couldn't keep away metalfilm!
Welcome back.
[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Dark Reign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:01 pm    Post subject: Hello again! Reply with quote

Hey man........great to see you back..........I have wondered what happened to all of the old timers that I used to converse with!!!!
slavettgrind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Hello again! Reply with quote

I remember ya! Welcome back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: