HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone Have the Masterplan CD ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live4metal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Anyone Have the Masterplan CD ? Reply with quote

I have'nt heard much on the board or anywhere else about this cd. How great is it? And what direction have they went with,Helloween or Jorn style? Either way I will be picking this up as I am a fan of Grapows and Jorns music.Great match up ! I was sorry to hear that Jorn won't be appearing on the next ARK cd,so this Masterplan better be awesome! Is it?
Paul G

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:54 am    Post subject: Anyone Have the Masterplan CD ? Reply with quote

Awesome record, it is more in the JORN style of metal/hard rock than it is Helloween. If you enjoyed "Worldchanger" you'll be very happy with this one guaranteed. It's my second favorite disc of 2003 so far behind the new Voivod.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Anyone Have the Masterplan CD ? Reply with quote

Yes, I have it. I expected more from it, but it has been growing on me lately. Has a lot of Jorn - "Worldchanger", a bit of Roland Grapow - "Kaleidoscope" and of course bits of late Helloween. I love the first three songs, the sixth and the ninth, but the rest I feel tehm like fillers. In any case is a great product, which sadly I don't believe is going to last. I see Jorn to volatile to stay put in this band for the next 10 years or so.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Anyone Have the Masterplan CD ? Reply with quote

Most of what I've been hearing about this disc are that people are pleased but not particularly impressed, y'know?

Anyway, I *might* be getting it from The End within a week...loooooooooooooooong story.
woosta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Anyone Have the Masterplan CD ? Reply with quote

Yes, pleased but not impressed sums it up exactly. There's nothing that really stands out song by song but the whole cd has a good overall feel.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:58 am    Post subject: Anyone Have the Masterplan CD ? Reply with quote

My copy (Korean) has 2 bonus tracks (Kid Rocks On and ????) but it omits Enlighten Me. Both bonus tracks are 80's HR ala 'Snake/Y
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:29 am    Post subject: Anyone Have the Masterplan CD ? Reply with quote

It's a very solid disc. Had this CD been released by members with no prior history, it would probably be viewed more fondly. However, the natural thing to do is to compare this to the band member's previous works. Furthermore, the comparison that will most frequently be made is to Ark, since that wound is still fresh. To that end, comparing Masterplan to Ark is like comparing The Monkees to Nevermore.

GZ
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Anyone Have the Masterplan CD ? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Sun:
My copy (Korean) has 2 bonus tracks (Kid Rocks On and ????) but it omits Enlighten Me. Both bonus tracks are 80's HR ala 'Snake/Y&T.

You don't have 'Enlighten Me'?, throw that copy to the garbage and get the European one!
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Anyone Have the Masterplan CD ? Reply with quote

Nah. The those 2 bonus tracks blow away Enlighten Me. I'd drop the cheesy "Beware of the Nazis" tune that just does not fit with the rest of the songs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: