HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your Thoughts on Dream Evil's Evilized CD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live4metal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Your Thoughts on Dream Evil's Evilized CD Reply with quote

This was one I was looking 4ward to this year.Having been blind sided by their debut,Dragon Slayer,I'd hoped for more of the same.Evilized sticks to the plan,but the passion of the 1st record is missing.This one coming off a little more sterile and plotted out.Also the tempo of alot of the trax are mid paced crunch leaning more toward an Accept type sound.Break the Chains kicks it off with a fast pace and typical double bass drum power metal.By My Side sounds like something off of Dragonslayer and is one of the better songs with a killer riff from Gus G.Fight 'Till the End,yet another battle cry track that's pretty paint by numbers Power Metal.Title track Evilized is not very evil,more like a Dokken song.A bit of Into the Fire type metal.One thing I like about these guys records though is the crystal clear power production jobs they get.Invisible has pretty cheesy lyrics and is one to skip.Bad Dreams is that Accept crunch I was talking about with a Dio type chorus.Again,a bit cheesy 4me.Forever is the token ballad here.Complete with piano intro and orchestra.A good song,but nothing spectacular like The Chosen Ones from the 1st.Children of the Night is good old school metal with killer licks and harmonizing by Gus G.Very catchy little diddy.Living a Lie is more paint by numbers power metal.Fear the Night is a crunchy number that sounds like loudness a bit.Made of Metal might be my favorite song on this one.An unabashed salute to HEAVY METAL ! The End is just that,the end of this album and a ballad to boot.Not the best and not the worst.If complacency was a sin,these dudes would be damned.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Your Thoughts on Dream Evil's Evilized CD Reply with quote

I like it. So far is one of the best of 2003. A good follower to their debut, plain heavy metal without being repetition of old glories. I don't know much about the other bands in which the members (excluding Nordstrom as a producer) are involved, but I guess this is really a project in which the guys can put a lot of the creativity that is maybe "restricted" in the other outfits.
Is interesting to me to see that much of the composition came form Snowy Shaw, even if the project was put on by Nordstrom.
I hope Dream Evil can continue for a long time.
woosta

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Your Thoughts on Dream Evil's Evilized CD Reply with quote

I found it somewhat boring too. It has no energy for me and I'm not sure why. I liked the first cd SOOOOOOOO much better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: