HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What still hasn't been remastered yet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: What still hasn't been remastered yet? Reply with quote

Y&T and TNT, hell yes! Do it now! Same with Alcatrazz, which has also never been done.

And yes, that is the Ram Jam of "Black Betty" fame. They released two albums in 1977 and 1978, respectively: a self-titled debut and a follow-up which might be my favorite album title of all time: Portrait of an Artist as a Young Ram!

All Krokus CDs but the very early albums (pre-1980) have been remastered and reissued on Spitfire.

Waysted's Save Your Prayers needs a reissue pronto, as does Tyketto's Shine.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: What still hasn't been remastered yet? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Metalfilm1:
Humble Pie
Foghat
Wishbone Ash
Gamma (finally reissued by Wounded Bird)
Montrose
James Gang
Testament
Coroner
McAuley Schenker Group
UFO (a PROPER reissue series, thank you)
Piper
Billy Squier
Ram Jam
Pat Travers
Free

Not bad picks for a 25 yr old, eh?

I thought UFO has already been reissued twice. I have the BGO(2 on 1) reissues and liked them a lot. I think they were reissued a 2nd time in Japan. Same with MSG.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:08 am    Post subject: What still hasn't been remastered yet? Reply with quote

Japan don't count, and the BGO reissues, much as I love 'em, trivialize the UFO legacy by dumping two albums onto one CD and skimping on proper liner notes.
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: What still hasn't been remastered yet? Reply with quote

quote:
Japan don't count, and the BGO reissues, much as I love 'em, trivialize the UFO legacy by dumping two albums onto one CD and skimping on proper liner notes.

That's what I was going to say about Saxon. If it isn't rereleased in the States with proper mastering then it doesn't affect me so much.

I think Manowar could use some remastering. It's hard to find the first 4 albums in the States(I got all of mine in foreign countries) and Fighting the World is so poorly mastered that the loudest band in the world sounds surprisingly quiet.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: What still hasn't been remastered yet? Reply with quote

Jake, you're in luck. All the early Manowar albums except Sign of the Hammer were remastered and reissued by Metal Blade in the States. The Atlantic-era albums are the same pressings from the late 80s/early 90s, which sucks, but at least they're all in print.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: What still hasn't been remastered yet? Reply with quote

Nugent's most popular discs have been remastered (TN, Free For All, Cat Scratch Fever). Does anybody know if the rest of his Epic catalog (Weekend Warriors, State Of Shock, Double Live Gonzo, Scream Dream, Intensities In 10 Cities) have been or will be getting the same treatment?

BTW, to all the Nuge fans out there: Full Bluntal Nugity is an excellent live disc.
Metal1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: What still hasn't been remastered yet? Reply with quote

Old Kansas could really use a facelift.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: What still hasn't been remastered yet? Reply with quote

Quoted by Metal1:

quote:
Old Kansas could really use a facelift.
I totally agree!! I hope they give the remaster treatment to Monolith and Two For The Show.
Stark

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: What still hasn't been remastered yet? Reply with quote

quote:
Y...And yes, that is the Ram Jam of "Black Betty" fame. They released two albums in 1977 and 1978, respectively: a self-titled debut and a follow-up which might be my favorite album title of all time: Portrait of an Artist as a Young Ram!

Did you know Ram Jam actually did a third album in the early 90's? It was about the same time they had a new hit with "Black Betty". A friend of mine has it. It's got one or two of the original members and man, does it suck! It's more or less pop with drum machine and some distorted guitar. They've re-done "Black Betty" in a horrbile version. I didn't even memorize the title.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: