HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seven Witches,Tradional Metal
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live4metal

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject: Seven Witches,Tradional Metal Reply with quote

Seven Witches has a new CD out called Passage to the Other Side.I picked up a promo for cheap because I wanted to hear Jack Frost's guitar work.He's not bad.He writes some great old school riffs that sound like Accept,Dio,Priest & Savatage.I'm surprised at how good the album is.They have a new singer and Joey Vera on bass,(what band is'nt Joey Vera in these days).Every track is good and this release kinda hits me like Dream Evil's Dragon Slayer did last year.The productions not as good,but the songs are there.And if you like the traditonal metal sounds of Hammerfall & Dream Evil you'll like this CD too.They do a cover of Def Leppard's Wasted that's pretty ripping.Does anyone else have this disc? And what do you think of it?
samsalt1

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Seven Witches,Tradional Metal Reply with quote

They dont just have a "new singer", they have James Rivera the vocal king from Helstar and Destinys End. Anything he is invlolved in is worth getting.
I have heard 2 of the new songs and they rip, as expected. I`m glad to hear the whole album is solid. I look forward to adding it to my collection shortly.
FALCON

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Seven Witches,Tradional Metal Reply with quote

With the lineup I bought "Passage to the Other side" right away, it has not met any expectations, so far I even like "Xiled to Infinity and One" from last year a bit better. And "Xiled" had holes, whereas this one has yet to grab me...I will throw back in cause I shelved it immediatley...engouraging to hear some good thoughts about it../
General Zod

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Seven Witches,Tradional Metal Reply with quote

I saw this band two nights in a row, when they opened for SX. They are solid live. I actually had a chance to sit and have a few drinks with James. He was very cool. He was so smashed, an end of tour tradition (as he put it), that he actually invited my wife and I to his wedding. He's a very cool guy, very down to earth, with an excellent sense of humor, and a super powerful voice. That all being said, I'm not a big fan of that style of Metal and think Jack Frost is a bit of a jackass.

GZ
metalblood

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Seven Witches,Tradional Metal Reply with quote

I just recently got PTTOS, but have yet to listen to it. I also have Xiled and City of Lost Souls, of those two I like City better. I hope to pick up their first album soon.

Anyway solid band, nothing earth-shattering, but good at what they do.

And yes James Riveria is the man.
FALCON

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Seven Witches,Tradional Metal Reply with quote

I felt the felt the first Destiny's End "Breath deep the Dark" was very impressive, and have the Helstar collection, James R is fine by me, with pipes that can crrooonnnn...

GZ, sounds cool, another Beer drinkin buddy, I await our reunion and some further introspection, we gotta hook up ealier for some prepary atmosphere at PP4.0, huh...
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 5:41 am    Post subject: Seven Witches,Tradional Metal Reply with quote

FALCON-

Definitely. I haven't purchased our plane tickets yet, but I plan for us to arrive some time Wednesday morning/afternoon and depart Sunday afternoon/evening. As always, I'll have my cell on me. Maybe we should make plans ahead of time to grab some lunch and beers and get an early start on the day's partying. Maybe we can make it a bit of a Hardboard gathering if any other Hardboardians are going to be attending.

GZ
live4metal

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Seven Witches,Tradional Metal Reply with quote

I was'nt aware of the new singers previous bands.Although I've heard of both Helstar and Destinys End.What's the Helstar like? And which CD would you suggest I get if I wanted to check 'em out? And GZ and Falcon,have a great time when you guys hook up!
iwarrior

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Seven Witches,Tradional Metal Reply with quote

Helstar's music was hard,complex power metal strongly influenced by Judas Priest.The only cd I have by them is 1995's Multiples Of Black,and it wasn't really my cup of joe. Here's a good page on them...

[url=http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/hels.htm]http://www.bnrmetal.com/g roups/hels.htm[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: