HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new bbs system...any thoughts?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: new bbs system...any thoughts? Reply with quote

We've been considering switching to a newer bbs system as UBB has been a bit frustrating over all these years in not having capabilities and a "look and feel" we want to achieve. If you have any fav bbs systems, post them and we'll take a look. So far on this end, the Invision Power Board looks promising if we can do a conversion.
rockin500

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: new bbs system...any thoughts? Reply with quote

you mean stuff like vbulletin? pardon the idiocy. lol
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: new bbs system...any thoughts? Reply with quote

I was just going to say that I like the style of a vBulletin board I'm on....when I can get on it. I'm not sure if it's problem with vBulletin or the website though.

From my end, this board works fine. Not as feature-rich as others, but it doesn't seem to go down much (or at all) and it's one of the fastest I'm on.
JosephC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: new bbs system...any thoughts? Reply with quote

Personally I really like this board and hope you keep the same format. I'm cheap and am still working with a 56k modem. Those sites with all the individualized pictures and crap...I hate 'em because it bogs my surfing down way to much.
Nazman06

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: new bbs system...any thoughts? Reply with quote

As long as it is fast and works why mess with it?
Mijarra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: new bbs system...any thoughts? Reply with quote

Not sure if this is what you are asking for, but the TalkBass forum is pretty cool, and very similar to this one except you have more options.

[url=http://www.talkbass.com/forum/]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/[/ur l]

I REALLY like the fretbuzz forums at Whotenote and Activebass though.

[url=http://www.wholenote.com/fretbuzz/home.asp]www.wholenote.com/fret buzz/home.asp[/url]

The only problem with Fretbuzz is that once you post something there's no way to edit it. They also have a great private message system.
FALCON

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: new bbs system...any thoughts? Reply with quote

This one works fine for me, I liked it previously when you could see who was logged on, while that would spur some impulsive discussion, maybe if a chat area could be added for realtime discussions....great job, kept me here almost five years now!
rockin500

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:00 am    Post subject: new bbs system...any thoughts? Reply with quote

i really do lilke vbulletin sites, (as i belong to many of em), but they are meant more for highspeed connections really.

why mess with success?
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: new bbs system...any thoughts? Reply with quote

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

This board is nearly perfect the way it is, which means you could make alterations to the existing board to make it better, but getting a new board is unnecessary.

I also enjoy the speed of this board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: