HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live4metal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE Reply with quote

I've only had this one for 2 days now.But I can already tell you that it's much better than the last 2 studio records they've released.The first track alone( a song called Open) is better than anything since Promised Land.Tribe has elements from Empire through to Q2K.One thing that I don't care for though is the stripped down sound they've opted for.While this ones not as bad as the productionon onQ2K,it's still not the rich tones of Empire & Promised Land. But it is a good CD.A little slow in the middle,but there is some prime Ryche to be sampler here.Tribe is a cool song that sounds alot like Rush to me.The Great Divide is classic ryche and Rhythm of Hope is a mix between Silent Lucidity and Real World,complete with string section.Along with Desert Dance those are the stand out tracks.Personally I'd prefer a heavier Queensryche.But this record has its moments and is worth checking out if you're a fan.
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:48 am    Post subject: QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE Reply with quote

Good review. I'd agree with pretty much everything you said.

GZ
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE Reply with quote

I was ready to write off this album as something I probably wouldn't ever care about, as I have with _St. Anger_ and _We've Come For You All_ (though, to be fair, I've never actually heard anything off of WCFYA)...but mmmmmmaybe....maybe...
JosephC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE Reply with quote

Everyone I know that's heard it seems to think there is about 4 good tracks on this but the rest is pretty weak. I'll end up getting it, but I'd be surprised if I really like it.
Paul G

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:56 am    Post subject: QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE Reply with quote

very mediocre
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE Reply with quote

I'm not even going to try this one unless I can get it for like 3 dollars or less. I haven't liked anything by Queensryche starting with Promised Land.
Ug

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE Reply with quote

I don't know, the tracks that I heard have not impressed me enough to pick up "Tribe". The last 'ryche album I bought was "Here in...." which I ended up giving away.
Jayrod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:05 am    Post subject: QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE Reply with quote

I picked this up over the weekend and my initial reaction is... Queensryche needs to throw the towel in. I am (well, was) a huge Queensryche fan and I even gave "Hear" and "Q2K" the benefit of the doubt but this may be the 3rd strike. I think a change of scenery might be good for all the members of the band. The songs just seemed boring and tired to me. Like their hearts are no longer in it and any creativity they displayed between the EP and Promised Land has, apparently, been completely drained.
I haven't had a chance to sit down with it and give it a serious, focused listen but so far it falls right in line with "Hear" and "Q2K".
This really pains me to say but I'd suggest "borrowing it from a friend" before buying it.
Metal1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE Reply with quote

Good review. I haven't heard it yet (I saw them live, and heard the samplers), but I already have my complaints lined up.

First, are we ever going to hear a new CD that sounds like the Rage thru Empire era? I miss that frigging sound, and I think you all do too. And, I don't get this, but I think the band does too, simply because they are playing most of their old stuff live! I think they played 2 new songs when I saw them. The rest was nothing but classic. And, as I go to my second point, Mr. Tate was belting out the high notes like a frigging monster!

OK. Point 2. I know when I get this CD (and I will,) I'm going to be pissed off about the mix. For the last couple CD's, its like they are recording the vox inside a 4'x4' box! Can someone please tell the producer to look up Empire, and just follow the instructions?

They remind me of Manowar's mix. Somehow, they managed to cut off the vocals. Why they hell would you do that!? I know I'm going to hear the same thing on the new Maiden. The live version of Wildest Dreams was simply incredible, but I know the studio cut is going to turn the vox down as always.

Have you guys picked up in this? Its like every older band that comes out with a CD tweaks the mix to drive the singer in the back. I've listened close, and their is no reason for this. Is it a label thing, or have bands just said FU to their old sound because of poor sales??

All I know is this. **** MTV. I blame the whole mess on them. They shit on our music, and they praised us when we changed styles to fit their dempographic group.

Scorchin, sorry to curse, but the MTV thing still sets me off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: