HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NIGHTRAGE:Sweet Vengeance,Excellent Album!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live4metal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: NIGHTRAGE:Sweet Vengeance,Excellent Album! Reply with quote

I had to get this cd based on the line up alone.Thomas Linderg from At The Gates on vocals,Gus G from every band on guitar and guest vocals from Tom S. Englund of Evergrey.Catagorized as melodic death metal,this album is just that.Sounding like a mix of Opeth,In Flames,and At The Gates,Sweet Vengeance is one of the best "melodic death metal" albums I've ever heard.And I'm not a big fan of the cookie monster vocals either.But this dude is understandable when he sings and just comes across with tons of emotion and anger.
This is some great stuff.So heavy,yet totally catchy and accessible to the listen.Most of the vocals are "death",but they do switch to clean vocals on some tracks.They do this every bit as well as Opeth and it adds another dimension to the music.There are some beutifully done accoustic moments on this album too.Sounding like a modern day Sabbath a bit.
There's really not a bad song on this one.My favorites so far are The Glow of the Setting Sun,Elusive Emotion,The Ends of the Earth,Circle of Pain and Gloomy Day Dreams.
I guarantee they'll be alot of talk about this cd.And anyone who likes this style of metal will be blown away.This smokes the last efforts of In Flames and Soilwork.
And dare I say....I think it just might be better than Enemies of Reality.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: NIGHTRAGE:Sweet Vengeance,Excellent Album! Reply with quote

It's a cool record,but a little overrated IMO,due to the "sameness" I found throughout. I'd give it an 8/10. I also wish the album featured all clean vox,but hey,you guys know about my frustration with death/black metal how I think clean vox would blast all of it through the ozone.
live4metal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: NIGHTRAGE:Sweet Vengeance,Excellent Album! Reply with quote

Wow.No one else besides iwarrior has any comments about this killer cd? This Board is going soft.
live4metal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: NIGHTRAGE:Sweet Vengeance,Excellent Album! Reply with quote

Again.No comments on one of the best cds to come out this year so far? Come on people,get with the program.
AZRock

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: NIGHTRAGE:Sweet Vengeance,Excellent Album! Reply with quote

It's on the way to me from The End. I'll probably have it by Friday.

I also couldn't resist that killer lineup. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: NIGHTRAGE:Sweet Vengeance,Excellent Album! Reply with quote

I'll be looking around for it tomorrow; failing that, I'll just order it from The End.
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:48 pm    Post subject: NIGHTRAGE:Sweet Vengeance,Excellent Album! Reply with quote

I've blown too much money lately without making any, so I think I won't be able to pick this one up. My loss I know. Damnit, it sounds good from your review.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: