HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dance of the Death cover(for all to puke).
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Dance of the Death cover(for all to puke). Reply with quote

[b]And here's Johnny![/b] (like going to the john because is a crappy bad computer generated effort).

[img]http://www.ironmaiden.com/media/images/IID00001175.jpg[/img]

Oh yeah and they stole the concept from any Cathedral cover [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Dance of the Death cover(for all to puke). Reply with quote

There's speculation that as the release date nears they will remove all the crappy CGI and reveal the "real" cover. I hope that's the case, coz that's really bad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Metal1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Dance of the Death cover(for all to puke). Reply with quote

PaulEMoz, I agree with your speculation. That looks like it was made up by, well, me! The classic elements of a Maiden cover aren't anywhere to be seen. The Reaper is cool though. I'd like to see a Eddie-Reaper style cover. I'm willing to wait and see.

I got to hear Wildest Dreams live, and it makes the mp3's floating around sound like a mouse pissing on cotton. I hope this is the same deal.
JosephC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Dance of the Death cover(for all to puke). Reply with quote

The whole feel of it reminds me of the Accident At Birth cover.
Ug

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:35 am    Post subject: Dance of the Death cover(for all to puke). Reply with quote

It looks to me more like a scene from "Eyes Wide Shut" with Ed replacing Tom Cruise.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:33 am    Post subject: Dance of the Death cover(for all to puke). Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulEMoz:
There's speculation that as the release date nears they will remove all the crappy CGI and reveal the "real" cover.

I'd be way more impressed if they did that with the actual album - "leaked" promos got out of them recording like their crappiest crap ever, even the die-hards are hearing this and saying "Bury 'em! They're dead!" only to release the good songs on the day of the official release.

I doubt Maiden would be the band to do this though
Icarus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: Dance of the Death cover(for all to puke). Reply with quote

Yes, this is truly, terrible cover art. I too hope it is just a rough draft of something better in the works.

This is just about as bad as [b]Blind Guardian's[/b], [i]ANATO[/i] cover art. At least their logo looked good. Not even [b]Maiden's[/b] logo looks good here.

I supose hoping for the magical hand of Derek Riggs again would be way too much to ask
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Dance of the Death cover(for all to puke). Reply with quote

I don't like the cover either, it seems to unreal. I like the [i]concept[/i], but not the way its been done. They all look fake, and I don't know how to put it but they look like they are done on different layers then just stacked on instead of any kind of real perspective. Look at the guy on the right reaching for the dog, that's what I mean. Hell the only thing that even looks good is Eddie. Hopefully this is a single cover or something and not the album cover.
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: Dance of the Death cover(for all to puke). Reply with quote

When you look at the hooded guys in the background, I can't imagine they would almost completely obscure them with CGI crap. That's why I think the speculation that this is not entirely the finished article might be correct. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: