HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:51 am    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

I bought it last night at Tower. They let you buy stuff at 12 on Mondays. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet as I wanted some sleep. I'm not sure how much I like this album as of yet. So far the only song that sticks out is Paschendale. To me it sounds like a mix of Virtual XI and Chemical Wedding. Also has anyone else noticed that Bruce's voice doesn't sound as good? Almost out of the Fear of the Dark era. I'll have to listen to it, probably all day today, to really figure out how much I like it.
Metal1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

I'll give my 2 cents when I hear the whole thing, but I'm not a huge fan of the way bands like Maiden and Manowar record in the studio. They go for that "raw" sound, and it doesn't come out that way. The vocals always sound like they are being performed in a vacuum.

IMO, if you have tools to make your recording sound better, use 'em!
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

Anyone who buys this disc is a poser! Maiden are sellouts.
live4metal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

Hey Jake.Strike a pose.
TageRyche

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

I picked up my copy at Words And Music in Fairhaven, MA after work today. Just got home, haven't listened to it yet though.
Metal1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

OK, finally home & done with the first listen. I have officially decided I need to listen again!

First impression is that this CD is more involved then BNW, a lot more variety & things going on in the background on each track. Every song has a part that I'm already humming in my head, which is a very good sign!

As far as security, I have the CD spinning in my car, and have already uploaded the tracks to my Nomad for listening at work. I haven't had any trouble with security.

As for Bruce not sounding very good, I must be hearing something else! Considering the CD was pretty much recorded live, I think he sounds damn good.

Up the Irons, tell a friend, kick a dog, jump up and down!!! Or, just buy the thing.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

I saw it today at The End at $15...so I purchase Blackmore's Night "Ghost Of A Rose" and Abstrakt Algebra S/T in CDUniverse ($13.50 ea) and Gary Hughes "Once And Future King I" at The End ($13).

There's no way I'm going to invest $15 in a weak album with bad songs, horrible cover and a protection that supposedly shortens the lifespan of the album.

Who knows if they last, maybe the next one is good. Or maybe Bruce will quit again and they bring Blaze back, the future is unknown [img]http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/devil/evil_lol.gif[/img ]
MAIDENFAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

After the first listen, I really like it alot. I like it better than brave new world after one listen. I can't believe somebody {Jake} said maiden are sellouts! I think he is confused with metallica!
The Dorf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

I was gonna buy it today, but didn't have the money. Tomorrow I will, and I'm gonna pick up the new Nevermore while I'm at it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: