HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bands That Are Universally Loved/Bands That Are Universally
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Bands That Are Universally Loved/Bands That Are Universally Reply with quote

Can anyone think of bands that every metalhead seems to enjoy and never craps on? Conversely,which metal bands never get any respect from fans?

I would say that Nevermore are one band that hardly ever gets flak. Metallica are a band everyone urinates on anymore.
Metal1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:16 am    Post subject: Bands That Are Universally Loved/Bands That Are Universally Reply with quote

I'd go with Nevermore as being "unflakable" and Maiden as a band that doesn't seem to get respect.
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: Bands That Are Universally Loved/Bands That Are Universally Reply with quote

What are you talking about Maiden doesn't get respect? They've got tons of respect. Except for a few people here and there Maiden is held high by most fans. Maybe held to a ridiculous standard, but still held high.

A band that never gets attacked that I've seen in Motorhead, most people seem to respect them.
JosephC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:25 pm    Post subject: Bands That Are Universally Loved/Bands That Are Universally Reply with quote

The only reason that Maiden ever gets bashed is because of Harris' tendency to release about 2 live albums, 2 greatest hits, and repackage the catalog 2 times per every one studio album. Other than having Blaze Bailey singing on 2 CDs (one of which I personally think is a classic), Maiden rarely gets bashed from a musical standpoint.
JesseR72

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Bands That Are Universally Loved/Bands That Are Universally Reply with quote

Judas Priest jumps out at me as a band that seems to be universally adored by metalheads.

Can't think of a better example than the current Metallica for a band that is universally reviled by metalheads.
Ug

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Bands That Are Universally Loved/Bands That Are Universally Reply with quote

Another band (not metal) that can compete with Metallica for the "Deserve to be Pissed On" title is Aerosmith. Testament is a band I think is universally loved/respected by the metal community.
Metal1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: Bands That Are Universally Loved/Bands That Are Universally Reply with quote

Jake, I was kind of going after the "ridiculous standard" angle...
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Bands That Are Universally Loved/Bands That Are Universally Reply with quote

On underground levels, Mortification (the lame Christian death metal band) is one which receives incredible degrees of ridicule based on their lyrical grist, lame album covers, watery takes on death metal riffing, et al. More unfairly, however, Burzum is a group whose seminal influence to second-generation black metal has been almost completely dismissed or forgotten amidst a smear campaign based not on the man's influence, but rather on his deeds and press statements.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: Bands That Are Universally Loved/Bands That Are Universally Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Metalfilm1:
Burzum is a group

Indeed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: