HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Helloween-Rabbit Don't Come Easy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwarrior

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Helloween-Rabbit Don't Come Easy Reply with quote

Anyone hear this cd? I got this cd for X-mas and finally got around to spinning it. It wasn't one of the ones I REALLY,REALLY wanted,but I put it on my X-Mas list since I figured it would be easy to find(my family complains that the cd's I always want are too hard to find).

I've criticized Helloween's songs(especially in recent years) for being samey at times,but they pretty much avoid that here. As a matter of fact,I'd say this is one of their best albums in a while. The first track throws you off like a change-up pitch. You think you're getting the SOS(gallop,gallop) at first until like 30 seconds in,when it still gallops,but in a different way and with more authority. Aside from "Liar" which rehashes "Push",and the goofy lyrics and song titles,this is a damn fine record which I'm glad to have found under the tree.

Fave track-"Open Your Life".
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Helloween-Rabbit Don't Come Easy Reply with quote

I really like Rabbit. It was better than I expected (a fair number of people were fairly critical of the album when it came out).

I think it's a lot better than The Dark Ride.
TageRyche

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Helloween-Rabbit Don't Come Easy Reply with quote

I was kind of disappointed in this CD. There were a couple of decent tracks, the opener and "Never Be a Star" but otherwise it struck me as a filler material type of release.

I've listened to it twice and now and that's what I thought of it. I'll give it another spin to see if I can hear what you guys are hearing.
FALCON

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Helloween-Rabbit Don't Come Easy Reply with quote

I am from a mixed camp on that disc, while it has some pretty fine moments, it is a little inconsistent. Though i have listened to the disc many times this year. As it stands it is just getting edged out of my top 20, while out of 100 '03 discs that is pretty high. I do like the "rabbit" more than the "dark ride".
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Helloween-Rabbit Don't Come Easy Reply with quote

As I posted before when it came out the album dissapointed me big time. Is at the bottom of my top 25 albums of 2003.

I'm not going again over the whole mess between Weikath and the rest of the band, enough had been said and written in the net.

It has some decent songs, but frankly it stands barely above "Pink Bubbles Go Ape". Is the weakest album of Deris era, and doesn't have the flavor of the Keepers either.
woosta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Helloween-Rabbit Don't Come Easy Reply with quote

I'm one of the bands biggest fans, but this cd is total crap from start to finish. Generic and bland. Silly and mundane. Useless.

on top of that, when you have bands out there such as Rawhead Rexx, Brainstorm and others coming on, Helloween better nut up and put something good on the table next time or there's going to be more trouble than a few members changing.
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Helloween-Rabbit Don't Come Easy Reply with quote

I don't know why, but I've played this disc more than any other from 2OO3. It does seem to have some filler in the middle, but the good tunes overcome the bad ones on this one. And I like the direction more than that taken on the Dark Ride. Just a Little Sign and a couple others are classic Helloween songs.

I can't wait to finally see this band live this month.
Metal1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Helloween-Rabbit Don't Come Easy Reply with quote

1metal1, I commend you on your nick!

Musically, I actually like this CD. But, who wrote the lyrics? Geez, they are pretty bad.
JesseR72

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Helloween-Rabbit Don't Come Easy Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1metal1:
I'm one of the bands biggest fans, but this cd is total crap from start to finish. Generic and bland. Silly and mundane. Useless.

I am much the same way. Though I think "Total crap" is a bit strong, this was the dissappointment of the year for me. I thought "The Dark Ride" was head and shoulders above "Rabbit Don't Come Easy".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: