HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite non-metal artist?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SACRED RITE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 10:32 am    Post subject: Favorite non-metal artist? Reply with quote

I know it's shameful to admit, but there have been some great non-metal artists over the years. Just for fun, who's your favorite?
A few of mine are:
Eagles
America
Prince
Duran Duran
Please don't die laughing!
AssaultAttack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 12:15 pm    Post subject: Favorite non-metal artist? Reply with quote

Miles Davis, Jeff Beck, Porcupine Tree, John Coltrane, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Branford Marsalis, King Crimson, Dave Brubeck, Eric Johnson, Neil Young, Collective Soul, & J.S. Bach.
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 2:05 pm    Post subject: Favorite non-metal artist? Reply with quote

Too many to name, but my absolute favorite non-metal artists are Tori Amos, Radiohead, Sonic Youth, Garbage, Pink Floyd, and Fiona Apple.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 2:26 pm    Post subject: Favorite non-metal artist? Reply with quote

Rolling Stones, Tori Amos, Pearl Jam, Matthew Sweet, Patti Smith, Bruce Springsteen, The Who, Peter Gabriel...
Black Spiral Dancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 2:32 pm    Post subject: Favorite non-metal artist? Reply with quote

Tori Amos, Fiona Apple, Chris Cornell, Smashing Pumpkins, Jane's Addiction, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Tom Waits, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, The Who and the list goes on...
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 2:44 pm    Post subject: Favorite non-metal artist? Reply with quote

Aretha Franklin (and all Motown), Eurythmics, Dixie Chicks, Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, George Clinton and all old school funk bands, Arc Angels, Laidlaw, The Allman Brothers and Unknown Hinson
Templar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 6:26 pm    Post subject: Favorite non-metal artist? Reply with quote

The Bothy Band. I forgot to mention 'em the last time we discussed this.
JoanneFromNY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 6:55 pm    Post subject: Favorite non-metal artist? Reply with quote

Thumbs up to Metalfilm1 for mentioning Patti Smith. She's great!
I enjoyed reading this thread but the flashing ad to "win a custom car and get more chicks" on the bottom of the screen, is really annoying and bothering my eyes.
Ace Frehley, most of the "alternative rock" bands, old blues, and did I mention Ace Frehley.
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 7:58 pm    Post subject: Favorite non-metal artist? Reply with quote

Sting, the Police, Pink Floyd, Thomas Dolby (check out "Astronauts and Heretics" sometime, it's surprisingly good), Elvis, and ....TOM JONES!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: