HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2000 12:42 pm    Post subject: In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!" Reply with quote

Me - I can't play any instrument so I was forced to become a professional groupie.

I will learn to play the guitar before I leave this earth tho.
Rex

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2000 1:09 pm    Post subject: In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!" Reply with quote

I's been playin' geetar for about 10 years now.
I love the guitar, but I'm an air-drummer at heart.

Acacia70 -

I hear your cries, man. Just this morning I recorded myself singing along to Iced Earth's "Pierced Spirit", and when I played the recording back, I realized my voice was about 20 octaves lower than Barlow's. I always forget that, while, yes, my voice sounds deep to me, to others it sounds thrice as guttural.

So hard being so damn sexy.
wyldeman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2000 3:16 pm    Post subject: In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!" Reply with quote

i've been playing guitar for about 9 years. i have a cherry sunburst Les Paul standard and an old washburn nuno-type guitar that i never play anymore. it just doesn't compare to the les paul. i sing a little, but my voice is probably more suited to country music than anything else. i'd just rather be quiet and jam on my guitar anyway.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2000 6:43 pm    Post subject: In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!" Reply with quote

To quote a lamenting Olivia De Havilland in one my my fave films, The Heiress: "I do not play."
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2000 6:47 pm    Post subject: In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!" Reply with quote

Ni moi non plus, Metalfilm. I can sing, but that's it.
Deviation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2000 9:28 pm    Post subject: In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!" Reply with quote

I've been making noise on a '66 Gibson for about 9 years. Alas, I still suck because I don't play enough to discover my lack of talent. Still drag it out now and then and jam along to simpler stuff and make myself feel worse.

To occupy my time, I have a car habit ( [url=http://members.home.com/caprirs/index.htm]http://members.home.com /caprirs/index.htm[/url] ). My significant other and I both take our Mustangs to the local dragstrip on Fri nights for the street stuff. She runs 13.5 and I have managed 13.4 with mine. However, hers is all motor and mine is a bottle baby. That pretty much soaks up the time and moola. Several friends also have Mustangs and another buddy crews for an alcohol funny car.
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2000 9:44 pm    Post subject: In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!" Reply with quote

Ah, stoopid Spirit failed to answer the other part of the question.

When I'm not doing schoolwork of some sort, I write, draw, post here, read, chat with people online, walk around in the teeming metropolis of Somerset and get funny looks from rap fans, or just crank my music. I've even been known to go out with friends every now and then, but I'm basically a solitary creature. I need my personal time.

Oh, and Night-Breed...what the f*ck is a yah-yah?
Fretbuzz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2000 10:53 pm    Post subject: In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!" Reply with quote

Me Guitar. I've been playing off and on for 15 years. I've owned a 92 Gibson Les Paul. Ibanez RoadStar, Cort Les Paul Copy and I currently have the Peavey Wolfgang Special. Someday I will actually learn how to play. I still suck!
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2000 11:08 pm    Post subject: In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!" Reply with quote

Yup, I'm still here. And I'm wondering, with this influx of new names here, how many of us are musicians? What instrument(s) do you play and for how long?

For the non-players, what do you do to get yer yah-yahs out?

Me: Guitar for about 8 years now, lead vocals & a little piano (2 years). Other than that, I get off on concerts, bonfires/keggers with my crew, a little camping, some video games, comedy shows and hanging out at the Goth clubs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: