HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acacia70

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2000 11:33 pm    Post subject: In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!" Reply with quote

I am a drummer of 15+ years. Just bought a bass to learn on. my hands are all f*cked up (long story), so bass may be less painful. i learned how to sing and play drums simultaneously when I first started playing. I am not a good singer though. trying to sing metal with a Barry White type voice just doesn't work. But I do decent back-ups.

Whle learning the bass, I am gonna force myself to sing and play again. thank God I can read tab.

I have played in several bands, some metal, some country, some progressive rock, etc etc...I have done some studio work which can be heard here:
[url=http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/21/i_am_i.html]http://artists.mp3 s.com/artists/21/i_am_i.html[/url]

It's not metal, but it was a fun gig. we just reunited after a 5 year lapse and are trying to do something new. it is just so damn painful to play now, so i don't know how long i can last.

At least with the bass I won't have much problem scoring a gig. They are a rare breed, good ones anyways. And I plan on being a good one. I have a very good knack for picking stuff out on my acoustic, so I think I will do fine.

Sean
Dark Reign

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2000 11:37 pm    Post subject: In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!" Reply with quote

Me.....

Guitar-on and off for 10/11 years
Bass-1986-1990 exclusively, parts of 90-91, and then I picked it up again in 98 to try and teach a prospective bass player, then grabbed one late in 99 to Record the Bass parts on my band's demo.....realized how much I actually missed it!!!!
Backing Vocals.......entire damn career
Lead Vocals.....on and off since the early days....still flirt with it(and my lead singer doesn't get p*ssed off!!!! man, I am lucky)

What I like doing........Playing and watching hockey( I play Goal), music(go figure), TV, Playstation, just hanging out, reading and writing(perhaps I'll finally finish one to publish!!!!) Poetry(tell me, do song lyrics count also.....if so I do quite a bit then!!!)

Well, now that I've bored the hell out of all of you, I'm finished
Cheers!!!
Black Spiral Dancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2000 11:40 pm    Post subject: In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!" Reply with quote

You know me NB... I'm a veteran of several bands as a songwriter and lead vocalist, though I've almost entirely given up on that these days. Too many headaches...
I play enough guitar and bass to put my ideas together musically. With the help of a new digital 8 track recorder I'm going to pick up this summer, my drum machine which I'm still mastering, my wife's keyboard talents I'm hoping to start recording a bunch of stuff that relies on ME and only ME later this year. Finding other reliable musicians with similar tastes and vision is nigh on impossible. When I've got CDs of the demo available I'll let all the hardboarders know first.
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2000 6:25 am    Post subject: In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!" Reply with quote

I know enough guitar to fake some Ramones and Sex Pistols tunes, but who can't? BAR CHORDS ARE EVIL!!!!!
Bullgod10304

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2000 2:33 pm    Post subject: In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!" Reply with quote

I want to learn to play guitar and start my own metal band, I know enough players or people learning to play to have a 4-piece band. Otherwise.......
I absolutely love snowmobiling, and fishing. I also love going to car shows. Plus, I am putting a motor from a '68 Mustang in my '84 F-150. It was a 289 but I bored it 0.040 over.
Things I don't enjoy....
Finding out my brother's girlfriend has feelings for me, and I for her. I was fine with being friends until she told me that. She and I were drunk when she told me. She doesn't remember saying it and I don't plan on telling her that she told me, or my brother. It would be like throwing a rock at a hornets nest.
Sorry to dump on you guys, but this has been bugging the hell out of me.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2000 3:09 pm    Post subject: In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!" Reply with quote

I have tried to paly guitar and got semi-serious many moons ago, bought a gibson V and played a lot for a couple years but now harldy ever..

nowadays its my dogs, sports - play golf, basketball, bowled for a few years, watch baseball, football, basketball, you name it.. surf the web, dabble in computers, herbs, alcohol, bartending, cooking, love concerts, some video games, etc..

think i need a new hobby so maybe go for my Masters soon.. who knows..
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2000 3:34 pm    Post subject: In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!" Reply with quote

Aw, Bullgod, venting is perfectly all right. Remember that night back in February when I sent myself on that huge guilt trip? You were quite supportive of my venting then. Go easy on yourself.

But what's this about your brother's girlfriend? Are you still with that other girl who goes to college an hour away from you? We haven't heard much about your life lately, so while I certainly don't think you're dumping on us, it's hard for me to know what to tell you without the requisite background information.
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2000 3:52 pm    Post subject: In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!" Reply with quote

I kinda figured that much of the new crew was musically inclined to a degree or two. Cool.

Spirit, in my quest to colourize your vocabulary with the likes of 'pot bellied tree-pig', 'Get yer yah-yahs out' was an album title by, correct me here Matt, I believe the Stones. *winces and ducks incoming projectiles* Hope that's correct. Translation: Get your rocks off, get your jollies, get some laughs, sneak a retard into the sperm bank, you get the idea.

BullGod, damn man. Major bummer on that deal. I've been in a similar circumstance. You're playing it right though. Honour demands that you stay silent. Hang Tough.

BSD, I'm going the same route. You called it man, finding people with the same taste and goals that you can actually work with is a serious bee-atch. Always ends up like this,

A Hard Place----> Me <---- A Rock

I'm planning to do my own recording or maybe find one other person to collaborate with.

New scary stuff for the world to see. I was home at my Step-Dad's house and his wife was totally on her broom, giving me schidt about the way I look. Yuppie scum.

Dig me now world!! haHaHA!!
[url=http://members.xoom.com/KipAllan]http://members.xoom.com/KipAllan [/url]
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2000 4:13 pm    Post subject: In the immortal words of Adam Ant: "Stand and Deliver!!!" Reply with quote

Yeah, it's by The Stones
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: