HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Armored Saint ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrumrBoy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2001 2:09 pm    Post subject: Armored Saint ?? Reply with quote

I am wondering if anyone out there can help me out on this. I've heard Armored Saint a time or two on Dee's House Of Hair, but I am unfamiliar with them. Are they pretty good? If I were to get an album, what would be the disc of choice by you people out there? Thanks.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2001 3:15 pm    Post subject: Armored Saint ?? Reply with quote

AS are an acquired taste. Most of their albums have 3-4 really good tunes but the rest is filler. Their 1991 album, Symbol of Salvation, is the exception in which all of the songs are brilliant. SOS is one of if the BEST metal albums of the 90's.

AS reformed and put out a reunion album but it pretty much sucked. David Pritchard (RIP) was the soul of the band.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2001 8:31 pm    Post subject: Armored Saint ?? Reply with quote

DB, the Saint are an awesome band who have never ever made a bad album. They aren't the heaviest band on the planet, but they're still straight ahead, no bullsh*t, in-your-face metal. Here are a list of their albums, going from, IMHO, their best to worst (actually, they've never made a bad album):

Delirious Nomad
Symbol of Salvation
Revelation
Raising Fear
Saints Will Conquer
March of the Saint

Plus, I met them after a show in Virginia last year, and they're a great buncha guys.
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2001 1:27 am    Post subject: Armored Saint ?? Reply with quote

Armored Saint is an AWESOME band. Their Symbol Of Salvation album is a classic the same caliber as Maiden's Piece Of Mind, Dio's Holy Diver, and Priest's Screaming For Vengeance!

Their "reunion" album, Revelation, is almost as good, but not quite.

Their first three albums were all good, and each one was better than the one before (overall).
Fredrik Nilsson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2001 8:37 am    Post subject: Armored Saint ?? Reply with quote

IMO Delirious Nomad is one of the best metal albums of all time. A must have!
Dark Reign

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2001 9:25 am    Post subject: Armored Saint ?? Reply with quote

Delerious Nomad or Raising Fear are my choices
zombie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2001 3:11 pm    Post subject: Armored Saint ?? Reply with quote

saint kicks butt........Just wanted to post so I could see my number
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2001 12:09 am    Post subject: Armored Saint ?? Reply with quote

Hey my first post on the new board.

Anyway, I love AS, I really like SOS and Revelations the best. The rest of the stuff I don't listen to as much but it's still pretty good. I'd go with SOS first if you can find it.
lemmy999

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2001 12:10 am    Post subject: Armored Saint ?? Reply with quote

Wonderful band, every albums is great. In order from best to not the best:

Delirious Nomad
Symbol of Salvation
March of the Saint
Revelation
First EP (forget what it is called)
Raising Fear
Saints Will Conquer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: