HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2001 so far, and whats yet to come
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGR_32

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2001 2:38 am    Post subject: 2001 so far, and whats yet to come Reply with quote

Well here we are almost half way through this year. So i figured lets find out what people are thinking so far.

#1. Whats the best cd released so far in 2001?
#2. What bands new release are you most anticipating comming the second part of 2001?
#3. What do you think is the biggest news story of the year so far? (in metal/hard rock)
#4. What concert tour or show do you most look forward to the second part of the year?
#5. A prediction for a major announcement in metal/hard rock the second part of the year?
#6. With the expansion of metalfests, and other shows like ozzfest, is metal going to break another band into major radio and mtv/vh1 play out of the metal ranks before 2002 in the US?
#7. If so who's most likely?
#8. Who's 2001 release have you been most disapointed in?
#9. Whats the best tour or show you have seen in the first half of the year?
#10. Is there a band that you feel has or will release there last cd in this year?
Itlives

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2001 5:50 am    Post subject: 2001 so far, and whats yet to come Reply with quote

I've been buying alot of older cd's lately.Although i really liked BWP from Opeth.Upcoming releases that get me pumped are the new Testament and kamelot
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2001 6:43 pm    Post subject: 2001 so far, and whats yet to come Reply with quote

Amorphis, _Am Universum_.

#2. What bands new release are you most anticipating comming the second part of 2001?

Emperor, very slightly beating out Iced Earth and Bal-Sagoth.

#3. What do you think is the biggest news story of the year so far? (in metal/hard rock)

As in "real" news, the bigger the news, the more boring it is (e.g. Black Sabbath recording a new album). It's the little stories which are the most interesting. That having been said, I can't think of anything.

#4. What concert tour or show do you most look forward to the second part of the year?

One that comes to my town.

#5. A prediction for a major announcement in metal/hard rock the second part of the year?

Halford/Priest reunion. Seems fairly obvious to me; everybody else is doing it and making an assload of money, why not them too?

#6. With the expansion of metalfests, and other shows like ozzfest, is metal going to break another band into major radio and mtv/vh1 play out of the metal ranks before 2002 in the US?

No.

Megadeth.

I've only been to one show, Disciples Of Power. Cheers to any who've heard of them...

#10. Is there a band that you feel has or will release there last cd in this year?

Primal Fear (this schtick can only go on so long)
Emperor (at least, the last until a "reunion")
Jake

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2001 10:56 pm    Post subject: 2001 so far, and whats yet to come Reply with quote

best album of the year so far is Savatage "Poets and Madmen" The Opeth comes close though. I also dig insurrection big time, but it doesn't count cause there are only a couple new songs on it.

most disappointing was megadeth. I knew it wasn't going to be that good(no, I had not already heard the album), but I had hoped it would lead in a new direction. I think for the first time Megadeth has truly stagnated. I'm ok with it(as ok as one can be about one of their favorites stagnating and sucking), as long as they continue touring and rocking in concert, which in my opinion they do. If they just add more old stuff to their shows then they will be where I want them to be. if they don't then they are still adequate.

best show was definitely Fates Warning/Savatage. Fates came onand I didn't mind them, then Savatage came on and it was the coolest show I've ever seen. 2 hours of a band that still makes good albums(the most recent is killer). and they didn't forget their past entirely either- Sirens, By the Grace of the Witch, She's Unusual, Power of the Night, Hall of the Mountain King, Gutter ballet, Strange Wings, Believe, and He Carves His stone were all there. Awesome. If they had played any more awesome songs I would have broken my neck.

looking forward to wacken. i think i might make it over there to germany this year. Really want to see Saxon, Helloween, Nightwish, and some of the other bands that never tour here.

Looking forward to the new Priest, new Testament, and actually finding Arch Enemy somewhere. I think I already own the best of the year, but I'm just curious about priest and i wouldnt mind some stuff that rocks really hard too, so if Testament comes out with something like the Gathering again that would rule. I am actually interested in the new Metallica. I want to see if they go somewhere new, or whether they are stuck in the Load sound.

I predict the Priest reunion will happen like many say in 2002. I predict we will here for the 40 billionth time that Diamond Dave is back in Van Halen and then nothing will happen for the 40thbillionth time. I'd be excited if it did though. i just want to see Dave in concert once.

Another huge rapper will file for bankrupcy.

Oh yeah and Opeth was a decent concert too.
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 3:36 pm    Post subject: 2001 so far, and whats yet to come Reply with quote

TIE: WASP- UnHoly Terror and Savatage- Poets and Madmen

Slayer- God hates us all

Can't think of anything. But big Jgunzz news is that I actually really like the new Dimmu Borgir CD!

D.R.I

Some band will reunite

If you mean Nu Metal- Saliva (who suck) will be another big band. If you mean non nu-metal, Cha right!

So far (knock on wood) I haven't been completely dissapointed with anything I have picked up.

Easy, Savatage

PLEASE OH PLEASE LET IT BE METALLICA!!
slavettgrind

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 4:50 pm    Post subject: 2001 so far, and whats yet to come Reply with quote

!. Best cds
Black Label Society - Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
Savatage - Poets and Madmen
Megadeth - The World Needs A Hero
Buckcherry - Timebomb

2.Anticipated cds
James LaBrie's Mullmuzzler 2
Leonardo project
Crossing my fingers that the Dream Theater album will be done
Sebastian Bach new release

3.News Story
Jason Newstead leaves Metallica

4.Anticipated Concert
Buckcherry
Sebastian bach
G3(I wish it would come here)
Grand Slam Metal Jam

5.Announcement
New Metallica Bassist
Kiss Final Concert
Motely Crue calls it quits

6.I have no idea. You never know

7.I would like to see Black Label Society skyrocket from the exposure of Ozzfest main stage.

8.Dissappointing cd
Aerosmith - Just Push Play

9.Best Show so far
Tesla(Savatage comes in at a close #2)

10.Band to release last cd
Umm..no. I think any band that will release a cd this year(i.e. Kiss not scheduled for one neither is Crue) will continue.
Zej

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 5:14 pm    Post subject: 2001 so far, and whats yet to come Reply with quote

Hmmm... Savatge seems to take the cake, but Buckcherry's is pretty good. Aeromsith and Megadeth were ho-hum. Amusing, at best.

Hair of the Dog, Poison, Cinderella, Tesla. Hopefully, Skid Row, Warrant and Def Leppard. Sadly, not Queensr˙che or Van Halen.

Jason Newsted leaving Metallica.

Anything that heads down this way.

Any news on Van Halen would be nice, instead of the usual dripping stuff that turns out to be bullshi.t

I hope so. I think that, for all we hate Limp Bizkit and Korn and Kid Rock, they have at least brought the guitar back to radio. Perhaps the listener is ready for the guitar sound again, therefore paving the way for rock and metal.

#7. If so who's most likely?

Buckcherry. New American Shame. All those "new rock" kinds of bands that have a heavy "AC/DC meets early Aerosmith" feel.

Faster Pussycat's [i]Between the Valley of the Ultra Pussy[/i] sucks. And Bon Jovi's [i]One Wild Night[/i] is nothing to write home about.

Bon Jovi and Queensr˙che.

Van Halen is most likely [i]kaput[/i], but they don't seem to have a CD out soon. Same goes for Mötley Crüe. Perhaps Metallica. Maybe Warrant.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 8:44 pm    Post subject: 2001 so far, and whats yet to come Reply with quote

Oh yeah, news story of the year - see, I told you it's the small stories which are the most interesting - the Entombed ballet with the 10-year-old boy. This I've gotta see.

(Also, Jon Schaeffer's comments on Steve DiGeorgio after he left Iced Earth are a hell of a lot more juicy than, say, anything Dave's said about Marty)
rockin500

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 10:05 pm    Post subject: 2001 so far, and whats yet to come Reply with quote

#1. Savatage: Poets and Madmen, since its cool. and World Needs a Hero, it RULES.
#2. Not really anticipating anything; maybe the Iced Earth Horror show.
#3. Newsted Leaving Metallica/Playboy interview
#4. No real show interests me this year.
#5. Axl and Slash reunite. J/K
#6. Hopefully not, cuz most things from ozzfest are not good.
#7.
#8. nothing really disappointing to me
#9. AC/DC just ruled the world.
#10. Yeah I think GNR is done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: