HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most shocking one-album direction shift?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dorf

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2001 4:27 pm    Post subject: Most shocking one-album direction shift? Reply with quote

I'd have to go with Savatage - from Power of the Night (a great major-label debut with heavy, well thought-out songs with just the right amount of keys) to Fight for the Rock (pure crap, by-the-numbers pop-rock). Fortunately, they redeemed themselves with Mountain King and almost everything that followed.
zombie

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 6:42 am    Post subject: Most shocking one-album direction shift? Reply with quote

Death Angel - the ultra violence ( thrash thrash and more thrash to ACTIII - mature thrash will better written songs...a vast improvment!!!

Demon - the unexpected guest killer british metal ---to -- the plague-- a concept cd

You guys covered the rest !!
SHAWNVENT

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 7:03 am    Post subject: Most shocking one-album direction shift? Reply with quote

Although I like BOTH of these records a lot, I think Queensryche putting out PROMISED LAND and following it up with HEAR IN THE NOW FRONTIER was pretty dramatic.

Rob Halford putting out TWO and following it up with RESURRECTION...that's drama! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
ImpaleVlad

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 8:25 am    Post subject: Most shocking one-album direction shift? Reply with quote

Sentenced: Amok to Down - Still only a four letter title, but going from a faster sound with harsher vocals to the more plodding softer vocal stylings of the Sentenced we have come to love.

Sepultura: Chaos A.D. to Roots - I'm pretty sure I don't have to break that one down for anyone.

Morgoth: Odium to Feel Sorry For The Fanatic - Went from a band I could leave alone to a band whose next move I eagerly anticipated. I'm not certain about this one, since I'm not sure if I remember Odium exactly.

Testament: Low to Demonic - Basically went from thrash to death.

I'll think of more, but first I must give a loud hissing boo to zombie for the Death Angel reference. Primarily because there was an album between those two. I also think that the Ultra-Violence is superior to Act III.
zombie

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 1:37 pm    Post subject: Most shocking one-album direction shift? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by ImpaleVlad:
dI'll think of more, but first I must give a loud hissing boo to zombie for the Death Angel reference. Primarily because there was an album between those two. I also think that the Ultra-Violence is superior to Act III.[/B]

Damn, your right I forgot about 'Frolic'
I shall go punish myself by listening to a
whole Backstreet boys CD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wasted

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 11:02 pm    Post subject: Most shocking one-album direction shift? Reply with quote

Scorpions Eye to Eye, I don't know where they are headed, well I have an idea. Just wish they wouldn't go there!!
ImpaleVlad

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2001 5:28 am    Post subject: Most shocking one-album direction shift? Reply with quote

[img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] Zombie, I'm not sure if you have to get that extreme. Please, I don't want to feel responsible for someone's aural deterioration.
Fredrik Nilsson

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2001 6:02 am    Post subject: Most shocking one-album direction shift? Reply with quote

The most shocking for me was:

Gary Moore - "After the war" to "Still got the blues"

He used to kick so much ass back in the good old days, before he got the blues...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: