HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Cover Songs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 2:35 pm    Post subject: Best Cover Songs? Reply with quote

Who originally sings 2000 man?
Mordax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 2:55 pm    Post subject: Best Cover Songs? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fatalcharm:
[b]Who originally sings 2000 man?[/b]

Jagger and Richards wrote it. On "Their Satanic Majesties Request" - old Rolling Stones album.
Fredrik Nilsson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 5:13 pm    Post subject: Best Cover Songs? Reply with quote

Whitesnake - Ain't no love in the heart of the city
Ratt - Walking the dog
Judas Priest - Diamonds and rust
Slayer - Dissident Agressor
Thin Lizzy - Rosalie
Krokus - American Woman
Y&T - Your mama don't dance
ZZ Top - I thank you
Deep Purple - Hush
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 7:43 pm    Post subject: Best Cover Songs? Reply with quote

Lots of great covers mentioned already, and now I will add a few....all by Yngwie....(sorry!). His "Inspiration" album contains some great covers though, most notably "Carry On Wayward Son", "Pictures Of Home", "Gates Of Babylon", "In The Dead Of Night", "The Sails Of Charon" and "Demon's Eye". Other covers he has done which are really good are "Speed King" and "Keep Yourself Alive", and then there is his version of "Gimme, Gimme, Gimme"....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
brianscriv

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 8:03 pm    Post subject: Best Cover Songs? Reply with quote

Trouble - Tales of the Brave Ulysses (Cream).
Metallica - Am I Evil (Diamond Head)
GuitarMusicLover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 9:28 pm    Post subject: Best Cover Songs? Reply with quote

The Kinks-You Really got Me...oh wait, they wrote it [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I've always been partial to Metallica's covers--I cant stand King Diamonds voice, but the melody of Mercyful fate tunes on the latest variation of Garage Days made me appreciate their music more.
On a fun note, I love the Sex Pistols doing Johnny B Goode.
morphine-drip

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 11:31 pm    Post subject: Best Cover Songs? Reply with quote

i abhor when bands do cover songs. i never record them or give them credit cause they didnt do the song. obviously van halen will make the kinks songs outdated, but i dont care. world of promises by in flames is fantastic, but id prefer another original. likewise nevermore and songs of silence---a wicked ripping cover but thats not there own song so i skip it. i think all cover songs should be stuck up somebodys a**. never will accept a cover song cause i demand originality. we wait 2 and 3 years for new material i dont need these bands taking the wimpy way out by copying or plagerizing. keep cover songs the hell away from me.
quote[quote] [/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SkyCat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 11:41 pm    Post subject: Best Cover Songs? Reply with quote

Armored Saint-Saturday Night Special (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
SGR_32

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 11:59 pm    Post subject: Best Cover Songs? Reply with quote

Nevermore Lovebites
Cradle of filth Hallowed be thy name
Black Rose (king diamonds first band) Radar love
Night in Gales Black velvet
Witchery I wanna be somebody
Type o Negative Black Sabbath/cinamon girl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: