HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 minute plus best songs ever
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Motorola

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 6:48 pm    Post subject: 10 minute plus best songs ever Reply with quote

Brainstorm and Master Of The Universe by Hawkwind. If you don't think it's metal, then you better check out Space Ritual Alive (1972). We're talkin' stoner speed groove space metal. Don't buy the self-titled Hawkwind album or In search Of Space, though, you'll be utterly disappointed.
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 7:30 pm    Post subject: 10 minute plus best songs ever Reply with quote

My favorite ten minute+ songs are-

1. Child in Time(Deep Purple): this is one of those songs that is so simple it's sometimes hard to understand how it could be so great, but it is. I love it.
2. Mission Motherland(Helloween): Goofy song, but definitely cool. I like it better than the super long songs they had with Hansen, though Halloween was a pretty cool song.
3. If I wasn't a stickler for the length then I would put Sucking My Love(Diamondhead) on here for having one of the greatest riffs and awesome solos, but instead I'll be forced to put Morphine Child on here for one(Savatage).
4. Suite Sister Mary(Queensryche) is a pretty damn cool song. I dig the church choruses, and the female vocals.
5. The Warning(Black Sabbath) is one song I've always dug because it grooves and then Tony Iommi just tears it up going wild. Man it's cool.
6. There are too many long Opeth songs to Mention, but The Twilight is My Robe and Forest of October strike me as being two of the most impressive.

I'd have a bigger list if these were 8 plus instead of ten plus. once they get over 8, they often tend to get annoying and too drawn out.
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 11:37 pm    Post subject: 10 minute plus best songs ever Reply with quote

Many of the above, also:

Dream Theater - Scarred

Yngwie Malmsteen - Asylum

Johansson - Enigma Suite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Subtraction

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 10:18 pm    Post subject: 10 minute plus best songs ever Reply with quote

choroiron666-Awesome Progressive picks on your list. I seriously need to join a progressive rock board, it's useless to get people to talk about that stuff on here. We talk about it sometimes but I guess it's not "hard rock" so it doesn't get mentioned hehe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Dorf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 8:39 pm    Post subject: 10 minute plus best songs ever Reply with quote

Metal:
Maiden - Rime of the Acient Mariner
Sabbath - Warning
Rush - Camera Eye
Opeth - Leper Affinity

Non-metal:
Genesis - Musical Box (good call on this one, Chloroiron666)
King Crimson - Court of the Crimson King (it clocks in at 9:22, but to me that's close enough to 10 minutes)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: