HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accept help
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:25 am    Post subject: Accept help Reply with quote

I just picked up Accept's Metal Heart and am really digging it. I've had one other CD, a compilation of Balls to the Wall and another album that I kind of like as well. So what albums should I be looking into picking up next?

NP, for the third time today, Metal Heart.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:30 pm    Post subject: Accept help Reply with quote

I dunno. Eat the Heat has the excellent song called Hellhammer but admittedly it does not sound like Accept. You should get the Staying A LIfe cd which is an excellent live compilation of their best tunes.
Thunders

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:15 pm    Post subject: Accept help Reply with quote

I just got breaker and it's excellent.I also think death row was a great album to.Heavier then most accept albums from the 80's.Looks like I'll have to pick up russian roulette and metal heart.Wasn't sure about any material after balls to the wall.
Thunders

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:17 pm    Post subject: Accept help Reply with quote

What's everybody's opinion on the live album "Final Chapter? Thanx.
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:49 pm    Post subject: Accept help Reply with quote

Wow it seems that Accept has some pretty stong albums then and I'll have to look into buying a few more. Geez just when I thought I was off of buying CDs so much I find another band I like.
JesseR72

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:39 pm    Post subject: Accept help Reply with quote

"Russian Roulette" is actually my favorite Accept cd, so yeah, definitely get that one! I'd also recommend the live "Staying A Life" too over "The Final Chapter" cuz SAL is recorded at the height of Accept's career with the classic lineup of Udo, Wolf Hoffmann, Peter Baltes, Stefan Kaufman, and Jorge Fischer. TFC was recorded as their career was in a downward spiral with just Udo, Hoffmann and Baltes on all tracks, Kaufman played drums on some songs but newcomer Stefan Schwartzman played drums for severall of the songs. I would also recommend the self-titled debut from 1979 as well as the 1993 reunion album "Objection Overruled". "I'm A Rebel", "Eat The Heat" and "Predator" are all worth getting if you find them in a 99 cent bargin bin, cuz they do all have some good songs on them, but otherwise the casual fan doesn't really need those albums. I agree with a previous post that defended "Death Row", I think it's a solid album, just not typical of Accept's trademark style.
As for UDO's material, "Animal House" is okay IMO, I never really cared for "Timebomb" or "Solid". "Faceless World" and "No Limits" are my personal favorites.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:43 pm    Post subject: Accept help Reply with quote

I also have to recommend Objection Overruled, which came after Eat The Heat, so this one is actually Udo's comeback disc after his short hiatus from the band. This disc kicks @$$ from start to finish, except for the second song, I Don't Wanna Be Like You, which is a total ripoff of Balls To The Wall.
JosephC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:08 pm    Post subject: Accept help Reply with quote

In my opinion, their four best ones in order are:

1. Restless and Wild
2. Balls to the Wall
3. Metal Heart
4. Breaker

I realize that you have that comp of Restless and Wild + Balls to the Wall. But, trust me, it's worth going back and getting those CDs separately.
JosephC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:10 pm    Post subject: Accept help Reply with quote

Oh, I almost forgot:

Udo's death grunt on "Son of a Bitch" (off of the "Breaker" album) is the thing metal legends are made of. Classic!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: