HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heavy metal?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mijarra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Why do you guys always suggest the backstreet boys when someone doesn't like the stuff you are into?

[/QB]

My knowledge of super-lame boy bands is pretty limited. It's either them, or 98 degrees, or Boys to Men. Those are the only ones I can think of...thankfully.
Daronas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:51 am    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

This can't be serious.

I doubt the moron will even show up here again.

I think one of you out there took a silly pill. Come on admit it.
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:57 am    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mijarra:
Why should we have to say anything for ourselves? If you don't like it, please move along. Maybe metal is not for you. Go find something safer and less confusing to you, like the Backstreet Boys or something.

BTW, I do consider myself more or less conservative, and I feel that metal fits with my personal views far more than most forms of music, especially mainstream rock and pop and definately more than rap or hip hop.

Why do you guys always suggest the backstreet boys when someone doesn't like the stuff you are into?

Anyway, as silly as skulls and long hair may be to some, goofy dance moves and songs about innocence from half naked pop stars may seem silly to others.

I'm sure there are plenty types of music where people don't have an image all the time. Like classical, but if you think about it they have a professional image where they wear tuxedos when they play.

The fact that heavy metal musicians have chosen long hair and leather is just a matter of preference.
Ug

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:35 am    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

you should come to hong kong mijarra....here you will find boy bands in all shapes and sizes, i'll show you taiwanese,korean,japanese, and our own locally manufacutured boybands with imaginative names such as F4, Boys next door, just to name some. These guys(or girls in disguise) will make Backstreet Girls sound talented.
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:38 am    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

women don't like guys with long hair?!? then I guess my last three relationships just don't count then huh cause all those women liked my long hair. Either that or they were really guys and I just missed the part between the legs!
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:34 am    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

No disrespect, but Boyz II Men ARE talented as all hell. Lots of vocal training, soul and four-point harmony. They are as close as we have to a band like The Temptations nowadays.
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ug:
you should come to hong kong mijarra....here you will find boy bands in all shapes and sizes, i'll show you taiwanese,korean,japanese, and our own locally manufacutured boybands with imaginative names such as F4, Boys next door, just to name some. These guys(or girls in disguise) will make Backstreet Girls sound talented.

Are the Lazy Muther Fu.ckers a part of that movement as well?

My point wasn't that the Backstreet Boys themselves are always suggested, more than pop is always suggested when someone doesn't like the idea of a certain band or heavy metal. Why not suggest Aerosmith or some tamer rock band. Coldplay or Pearl Jam perhaps. Instead someone says something derogatory of heavy metal and they are instantly told to go pick up some Backstreet Boys. It seems pretty silly to me.

People say the same thing often if they get angered when you don't like the new Manowar(or some other true metal band). The expression "maybe you'd like the backstreet boys" sounds like something MarillionFan would use. But lots of people seem to use it around here. It just sounds silly to me.
JesseR72

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Metalfilm1:
No disrespect, but Boyz II Men ARE talented as all hell. Lots of vocal training, soul and four-point harmony. They are as close as we have to a band like The Temptations nowadays.

I agree...but I still don't like them! Never really liked the Temptations either, but yeah, I can appreciate their talent.
Howdypadna

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:53 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

I see my point in coming here has been for amusement only, as y'all obvious lack the ability to communicate like intelligent folk! What does heavy metal have to do with leather and long hair? You say I can't deal, then buzz off!!
So, I get it now, y'all are like sayin' that since I think guys in long hair and tight leather pants are frightening, 'cause they weren't born that way, couldn't get jobs lookin like that, the women are sluttly and dirty, that I don't know or shouldn't bother with this whole style of music. I ran into the same problem in pop and country. Damn, guess that is why opera and classical are getting bigger than ever. It isn't so much about image as music. I can socialize with those people without being embarrased. I go out, it is super simple. My man looks like a man, not Rock Horror Picture Show. He don't drink tons of alcohol and smell like a rat. He don't try to scare me with evil demon pictures. Then, y'all try pass off as conservatives? SOOOOOOOOORRRRYYY, but you wouldn't be allowed in my town lookin' like sluts and fags! I tried to give y'all a fair shake, but I can see now you aint serious. I can now see why the labels on albums in this sort of sex rock music.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: