HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Bible vs. Homosexuality
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mijarra

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake, I agree that this is definately true in some cases. Maybe many cases. But I also think that people who have strong, well thought out, opinions that are not nescessarily pro-homosexual are often labeled as "homophobic" or accused of having repressed sexual this and that. This is what I was getting from Brallalalaa, but I've seen in many times before. It seems that many people who preach individuality and freedom of thought are also quick to label others who don't see things their way. The bottom line, I see it, is that we all are taking in the world from our own perspective, and it's just as wrong to instantly label someone as "homophobic" as it is to hate someone for their sexual preferences.
Jim McCormick

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People fear what they can't control, much of that fear stems from their own hidden desires that they are taught are wrong, mostly by their religion. I'm not saying all homophobic people are gay, but the hardcore ones most likely are to an extent; they fear themselves & the temptations inside them. The mild homophobes, for example those that are against gay marriage in general, but claim to be not homophobic, fear homosexuality as taught by their religion. The Christians follow the teaching of the Bible, which is clearly written by men who were severely homophobic & mostly likely had strong homosexual desires that were hard to suppress, after all what really does the Bible represent? It represents the human need to conform people to their own fears; I'd say it has worked.

Last edited by Jim McCormick on Sun May 09, 2004 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mijarra

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it possible that someone could have values and opinions that do not condone homosexuality without being "homophobic"?
Jim McCormick

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mijarra"]Isn't it possible that someone could have values and opinions that do not condone homosexuality without being "homophobic"?[/quote]

No, I don't believe so. If a person is not homophobic then why would they care what a gay person does with their personal life in regards to sex & marriage? Why would they not condone it to the point of agreeing with others to restrict ones rights, or not let gays enjoy the same right to marriage as hetrosexuals? What is there to fear? After all homophobia means to fear (prejudice) homosexuals. I can understand a person being concerned about a son or daughter, even a parent being gay for fear of what homophobic society will say & do to their loved ones, & even theirselves, but other than that what real valid reason is there? I don't believe there is one other than irrational fear of fear it's self, brought about by homophobic society spurred on by religion.

Now, I will go as far to say there is a threat posed by bi-sexuals, speaking of bi-sexual men spreading Aids to women, thus spreading Aids to the hetrosexual population; after all Aids is a virus, you can't catch it from getting wet. Sometimes the best of both worlds is a threat to our world.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a double standard to what you are saying. You are also using "phobia" and "prejudice" as synonyms, which sure isn't correct. I will leave it at that and exit the thread at this point.
Jim McCormick

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mijarra"]I think there is a double standard to what you are saying. You are also using "phobia" and "prejudice" as synonyms, which sure isn't correct. I will leave it at that and exit the thread at this point.[/quote]

No, there is no double standards here. Phobia & prejudice are both created by fear & ignorance. It is not a double standard to be concerned by how a homophobic society will judge loved ones out of irrational fear & igonrance, everyone has someone they love, even you I would guess Mijarra. Now if your speaking of what I've said about Bi-Sexuals spreading Aids (HIV) that is proven medical fact.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: