HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nu-Metal SUCKS!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sebitchian Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 5:08 pm    Post subject: Nu-Metal SUCKS! Reply with quote

OK gang, here's another anti-nu metal thread. I just felt like putting in my 2 cents on this since I'm new to this board. It seems as if when people think of metal nowadays, they thnk of these sh*tty bands like Sh*tknot, Mudgay, Stinkin Park, Drowning Fool, etc. This pisses me off tremendously. Now I know this subject has been debated to death but I just felt like adding a little fuel to the fire. I'm just angry about this because all these hot chicks I know, are into that crap, so when I tell them I'm into metal, they assume that I'm some trendy mall-metaller, well I'm not!!! I don't even look anything like a mall-metaller. anyway, I just felt like bitching about something. I wish I could convert some of these hot chicks over to our side
The Dorf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 5:25 pm    Post subject: Nu-Metal SUCKS! Reply with quote

SB, have u played any traditional metal for them? It wouldn't hurt to try.

BTW, SB, I'm from Baltimore, HOME OF THE 2001 NFL CHAMPION RAVENS!!! [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Lars37

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 5:32 pm    Post subject: Nu-Metal SUCKS! Reply with quote

...or, just find a higher grade of "hot chick"!

Before I met my wife, I dated girls who wanted to "get me out on the dance floor". Now I know how to dance, I just don't like dance music. But then I met my wife who also wanted me to dance, but liked AC/DC, Van Halen, Rush, Queen, etc. In time, I got her to listen to newer stuff, and now we have some musical common ground. I'll dance with her at wedings and stuff, but I still don't like it...stubborn, I guess...

BTW, I'm from Chicago, home of the.......Bears.........ugh......
AND THE FIRST-PLACE CHICAGO CUBS!!!!
Sebitchian Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 8:30 pm    Post subject: Nu-Metal SUCKS! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lars37:
[b]...or, just find a higher grade of "hot chick"!

[/b]

the problem is, is that I think that girls with piercings and dark clothes and stuff like that is attractive on girls. I can't stand the preppy look. It's just their musical tastes, that bug me. maybe like you said, I can introduce them to some trad metal
Starbreaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 9:00 pm    Post subject: Nu-Metal SUCKS! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lars37:
[b]...
AND THE FIRST-PLACE CHICAGO CUBS!!!![/b]

You realize that -- [b]that CAN'T last!!![/b] Don't ya???

[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-Marty
Subtraction

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 1:08 am    Post subject: Nu-Metal SUCKS! Reply with quote

Hey, there are some hot chicks already on your side! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lars37

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 4:34 am    Post subject: Nu-Metal SUCKS! Reply with quote

Starbreaker,

I am more hopeful than I was yesterday, now that McGriff is on board to hit behind Sammy!

But I am a realist, and I'm just enjoying this for as long as it lasts!!

Houston's tough, and St. Louis will be there until the end...

GO CUBS!!!

Oh, yeah, this is a metal board - SLAYYYYYYYYEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Lars37

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 4:37 am    Post subject: Nu-Metal SUCKS! Reply with quote

Sebitchian,

Just keep looking, brother - I had a LOT of bad and short-lived relationships before I found the right girl, but when you meet her, you'll forget all about the bad ones, trust me!
Have you got any cool female friends who are into metal? Maybe they can help you find the right kind of chick?
Good luck, man!
Starbreaker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 7:03 pm    Post subject: Nu-Metal SUCKS! Reply with quote

Cmon, Lars, you can't seriously analyse the Cubs chances. You just gotta look at their storied history of blowing it. (Dallas Green comes to mind (Cough!! Choke!!! Cough))

[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Of course, it makes me happy, Im not from Chi-town, but I grew up near enough that everyone HAD to like the Chicago squads. Being the subversive, counterculture sort that I am, that meant I HAD to hate them!!

The only time I root for them, is when the play the Sox at Comiskey (or wherever the Sox play now), If the games at Wrigley, then I root for the Sox...what a Bastard!!! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

(Actually, it woulda been actually cool to have seen 'em do something when Harry was still alive. That old drunk was pretty cool!!)

((Really I HATE baseball no matter who is playing. I always pull for the team that wins first, in the world series, unless the other team gets ahead in games, then I switch. Whatever gets it over with the fastest!!! Football RULES!!!)

-Marty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: