HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Female Vocals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mordax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 10:51 am    Post subject: Female Vocals Reply with quote

Hatebreeder... I grabbed it off Napster to give it a spin... its a decent song but I have a little trouble with the cookie monster parts.... after you get past that... the music and the rest of the vocals do sound awesome. Luckily, you have Kimberly in there to break it up and definitely enhance the song.

Good call.. thanks for mentioning it.
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 12:33 pm    Post subject: Female Vocals Reply with quote

Oh yeah the Donnas are alright too. They play simple rock and roll and their latest album Turn 21 is decent. With a cover of Judas Priest's Living After Midnite.
SGR_32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 10:08 pm    Post subject: Female Vocals Reply with quote

Most of the female vocal bands that i like
have been mentioned, but ill mention some of them here again.

a couple that have been overlooked on here so far.
dont know any of there names, besides Sarah Jezebelle, but any of the woman that sing for
Therion.
Anja Natasha from Dismal Euphony has a very cool voice.
I do like Tristania and there singer.
A band i heard at Milwaukee Metalfest last year called Rain Fell within, has an amazing singer.
I also am a fan of Sinergy and Kimberly Goss
(who remembers her from Ancient?)
I do consider The Gathering to be Metal, a different kinda of metal, but Anneka still for my money is the best female singer around today in any type of music.
Motorola

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 3:48 pm    Post subject: Female Vocals Reply with quote

Lee Aaron
- Anyone remember her?
Motorola

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 3:51 pm    Post subject: Female Vocals Reply with quote

Stark, you must be the Janne Stark from Overdrive, right? And the author of the Encyclopedia of Swedish HR and HM?
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 4:11 pm    Post subject: Female Vocals Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Motorola:
[b]Lee Aaron
- Anyone remember her?[/b]

She sings jazz now (or tries to), kid you not. Breezed through town a couple of weeks ago; I found out about it after she'd come and gone. I saw her jazz CD at A&B Sound (in the metal section, natch). Never heard any of it, but it can't really be any worse than "Metal Queen", though I do get a kick out of that video...
Stark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 3:15 am    Post subject: Female Vocals Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Motorola:
[b]Stark, you must be the Janne Stark from Overdrive, right? And the author of the Encyclopedia of Swedish HR and HM?[/b]

Yes, I admit I am.
Janne
Raider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 6:12 am    Post subject: Female Vocals Reply with quote

I've got one Ancient CD, but her role on that one was very minor. Actually, she really just talked most of her parts rather than sang. I understand she was a little more involved on some of their other stuff.
Mordax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 2:09 pm    Post subject: Female Vocals Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stark:
[b]Definitely Mother's Finest and Sass Jordan (check out "Rats" - heavy!)!
Janne[/b]

Picked up this Sass Jordan album today. Excellent pick Stark... she has a great soulful tone to her voice. I am enjoying it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: