HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Female Vocals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 4:38 pm    Post subject: Female Vocals Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mordax:
[b]Picked up this Sass Jordan album today. Excellent pick Stark... she has a great soulful tone to her voice. I am enjoying it.[/b]

Great! She's made a couple other albums too (Tell Somebody & Racine), which unfortunately are pretty meek AOR. I just love Stevie Salas guitar-work and Brian Tichy's drums on "Rats".
Sebitchian Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 5:16 pm    Post subject: Female Vocals Reply with quote

My fav band with female lead singers are Warlock, with Doro Pesch and The Plasmatics with Wendy O
The Dorf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 11:16 pm    Post subject: Female Vocals Reply with quote

Posted by Jake:

quote[quote]Oh yeah the Donnas are alright too. They play simple rock and roll and their latest album Turn 21 is decent. With a cover of Judas Priest's Living After Midnite. [/quote]

Actually, Jake, I liked Skintight better. Great disc. Ever heard of the Electrocutes? That was the Donnas under a different name, all the same members. They put out one disc under that name - the best way I could describe the music is techno-punk. And boy, was it horrible.
ArgoNaught

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 7:48 am    Post subject: Female Vocals Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hippyblood:
[b]My favorite: [b]Bottom[/b]
A three piece female band outta NYC.
Rock on!!
[url=http://www.bottommusic.com]www.bottommusic.com[/url][/B]

Did they do this video which was half anime and half them playing in this bombed out house??? I think the song had something to do about suicide...
bitshifter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 3:06 pm    Post subject: Female Vocals Reply with quote

I cringe to even mention this band on a thread that's been fairly serious, but the
first non-EP album from Betty Blowtorch ("Are You Man Enough?") is pretty outrageous. You've probably heard the "Hell On Wheels" track on HardRadio; most of the cuts are just like that. Not necessarily a lot of talent, but a lot of energy and tongue-in-cheek lyrics. Kind of like a weird cross between The Ramones and B-52's. It's a 4-piece all-girl band. And they worship Lita Ford, so that can't be all bad [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
robetrt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 3:14 pm    Post subject: Female Vocals Reply with quote

Dwell records has a cd out called- "Awakening. Females in extreme music". The cd has 11 tracks on it. Dwell records is very cool. They do alot of tribute cds to almost any metal band you can think of. Some suck, some are very good. I have the Dio and Sepultura. check them out at [url=http://www.dwellrecords.com]www.dwellrecords.com[/url]
Chalky

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 7:25 am    Post subject: Female Vocals Reply with quote

Nightwish would have to be my favourite. The singer in my band was at Waken this year and saw them play and said they were awesome!! BTW, our singer is female and the bands name is Ravens'head. [url=http://www.wf.com.au/ravens'head]www.wf.com.au/ravens'head[/url]

Chalky
Neon Black

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 9:15 am    Post subject: Female Vocals Reply with quote

I gave the three clips a listen, she reminds me of a cross between Concrete Blonde and Heart. Overall I was pleased, where can I hear some more?

NB

np: Running Wild - Time Riders
STARR COMMUNICATIONS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 3:18 am    Post subject: Female Vocals Reply with quote

I'd be neglecting my duty if I didn't command you'all to go and check out the new (UNRELEASED!) samples here: [url=http://www.annboleyn.com]www.annboleyn.com[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: