HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 minute plus best songs ever
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pontiouspirate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 8:04 pm    Post subject: 10 minute plus best songs ever Reply with quote

1=visions (stratovarius) there best song by a big margin---this tune has everything. never has 10 minutes pass so quickly. i just cant imagine a metal afficiado not calling this brilliant.

2=rime of the ancient mariner (iron maiden) the vocals, the horse hooves beating chug and steve harris lyrics. the only sane person that could say anythig bad about this one is it's too long for our radio station to play. oh boy make that time up with rock n roll alnight calling dr love and i was made for loving you (yes people kiss make me sick) so keep the kiss cards and lunch boxes away from me unless i pretend to be rapper and hit you onside the head with my kiss memoribilia.

3=dante's inferno (iced earth) when i listened to burnt offerings for the first time i was drastically disappointed until song 8 came on. truly an epic song that runs the gamit of musical tastes from some (few) lighter moments to heavy metal that grab your brain and demand you get overcome with brilliance.

i would like to know if you agree, and if you dont tell me your picks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
slavettgrind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 8:19 pm    Post subject: 10 minute plus best songs ever Reply with quote

Have to agree with Maiden's Mariner
also

Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons, Home, Learning To Live, Finally Free(Especially on Scenes From New York)

Rush - 2112

Savatage - Morphine Child

Shadow Gallery - I Believe
brianscriv

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 8:38 pm    Post subject: 10 minute plus best songs ever Reply with quote

Dantes Inferno is my favorite.
metalblood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 9:46 pm    Post subject: 10 minute plus best songs ever Reply with quote

Here are two good ones that haven't been mentioned.

Satan's Fall- Mercyful Fate
Child In Time- Deep Purple
choroiron666

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 11:11 pm    Post subject: 10 minute plus best songs ever Reply with quote

CīMON PEOPLE THERE A LOT,HERES MY LIST
1)Deep Purple- child in time
2)Yes- gates of delirium
3)Yes- close to the edge
4)Rush- hemispheres
5)Rush- the camera eye
6)Iron Maiden- the sign of the cross
7)Iron Maiden- rime of the ancient mariner
8)Emerson ,Lake and Palmer- tarkus
9)Uriah Heep- paradise/the spell
10)Jethro tull- thick as a brick
11)Helloween- halloween
12)Helloween- keeper of the seven keys
13)Angra- carolina the fourth
14)Manowar-achilles,agony and ecstasy in eight parts
15)Voivod- jack lominous
16)Pink Floyd- pigs on the wing
17)Genesis- suppers ready
18)Genesis- the musical box
19)YES- tales of tophographic oceans(the whole album-this is where DREAM THEATER would like to be)
20)Jethro Tull- budapest
IF *STARGAZER* FROM RAINBOW WOULD HAVE LASTED A COUPLE OF MINUTES MORE,WOULD HAVE BEEN THE KING OF TEN-PLUS MINUTES SONGS!!!!!!!
rockin500

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 11:24 pm    Post subject: 10 minute plus best songs ever Reply with quote

Definitely Rime of an Ancient Mariner.
Manowar's Achilles.... is really good too. Dante would probably be one of my top 2. Most of you guys have already stated the songs near or at the top of my list. Morphine Child is probably the top right now.
Desslar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 12:55 am    Post subject: 10 minute plus best songs ever Reply with quote

X-Japan - Rose of Pain

Boston - Walk On (and Foreplay/Longtime is almost long enough)
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 1:08 am    Post subject: 10 minute plus best songs ever Reply with quote

The original Innagaddadavida (17 min)

Pink Floyd-Echoes
robetrt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 12:10 pm    Post subject: 10 minute plus best songs ever Reply with quote

Physicist (Devin Townsend) Planet Rain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: