HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Songs you really dig, from artists you otherwise can't stand
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 1:04 pm    Post subject: Songs you really dig, from artists you otherwise can't stand Reply with quote

I'm having trouble thinking of any right now. I'm sure I'll think of a stack by the end of the night.
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 1:50 pm    Post subject: Songs you really dig, from artists you otherwise can't stand Reply with quote

I don't entirely mind Poison, but besides, Talk Dirty to Me, Nothin' but a Good Time, and Unskinny Bop, I really wouldn't bother listening to them(and yes I have heard more than those three songs).

Baby one more time by Britney Spears.

I'll think of some more soon.
robetrt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 1:53 pm    Post subject: Songs you really dig, from artists you otherwise can't stand Reply with quote

I would have to say Primus--I really liked Jerry was a race car driver-but ever other song I have heard from them SUCKS
Batman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 8:04 pm    Post subject: Songs you really dig, from artists you otherwise can't stand Reply with quote

As silly as I think Manowar are, I do like a few of their songs. I downloaded "Kingdom Come" and "All Men play on 10" for some good driving music. I still can't get over some of the lyrics. "When it's more to me than just a job, when you here me play you won't get robbed!"?!? Pure Gold. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
slavettgrind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 8:12 pm    Post subject: Songs you really dig, from artists you otherwise can't stand Reply with quote

Hole - Celebrity Skin(reminds me of the old MTV riff)
Pantera - Walk(however, i love Glamtera!!)
Bryan Adams - Summer of '69
Rod Stewart - Maggie May
Mandy Moore - In My Pocket
Desslar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 12:35 am    Post subject: Songs you really dig, from artists you otherwise can't stand Reply with quote

Don't see nothing wrong with Poison, Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart, or Manowar.

I guess I like a few Offspring songs.
Jackie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 7:47 am    Post subject: Songs you really dig, from artists you otherwise can't stand Reply with quote

Nirvana Smells like teen spirit
a couple of limp biscuit songs
Type O Negative Christian woman
Rush show don't tell
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 12:31 pm    Post subject: Songs you really dig, from artists you otherwise can't stand Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Desslar:
[b]Don't see nothing wrong with Poison, Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart, or Manowar.

I guess I like a few Offspring songs.[/b]

Bryan Adams? Hoo boy - you wouldn't say that if you lived up here, Desslar. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Desslar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 2:06 pm    Post subject: Songs you really dig, from artists you otherwise can't stand Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannorabbit:
[b]Bryan Adams? Hoo boy - you wouldn't say that if you lived up here, Desslar. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img][/b]

Well, no, I don't live in the Great White North, but I still don't see anything wrong with Bryan Adams. He's got to be the single most celebrated Canadian musician around. Sure, he's softened a bit with age, but he still makes quality tunes. "Kids are Gonna Rock" could easily have been a Bon Jovi number and "Heaven" perfected the power ballad years before most metal bands started writing them. Just 'cause he's not metal is no reason to be ashamed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: